Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2016, 06:36 AM

11,477 posts, read 11,555,088 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowegian3 View Post
Perhaps Pueblo's (heck, Colorado's) chronic homeless population will begin to subside with more places with legal weed. But then Trump the hypocrite might just side with the federal anti-drug crowd itching to get back in business and lower the boom on weed. Not likely, I think, but you never know when a loose cannon will go off.
This comment shows a complete lack of understanding for the causes and solutions for homelessness.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2016, 07:53 AM

2,886 posts, read 7,134,165 times
My guess is it will affect weed tourism and have little impact on population trends/housing etc.

Old 11-13-2016, 12:35 PM

6,311 posts, read 6,810,285 times
Arizona might legalize still. Over 100k ballots not counted yet and currently a 30k gap difference. I hate how this state takes like twelve years to count ballots and call things way too early. Surprisingly close still when nearly everyone here thought it would be an easy legalization. Naturally, we looked to y'all more than Washington or Oregon cause you are our neighbor (sort of at one point) which has so far been the basis of supported legalization. Everyone is shocked that it is this close here, must've been the old people.

If Arizona does not legalize I expect to see an Arizona exodus probably to Colorado or Nevada/California. The influx would be even more conservative-type, rather than libertarian-type, Republicans sending Arizona even further back closer to Utah rather than its other neighbors.

Colorado may stabilize more but I see the weed industry staying relatively close to CO given that CO was the start of it all, big marijuana might choose to HQ there and just grow into the other states rather than the other way around.

Old 11-13-2016, 12:55 PM

3,409 posts, read 4,630,948 times
If enough votes get counted towards Prop 205, it will add AZ to the list of legalization. That will send a message to the Federal government that marijuana needs to be taken off scheduled 1 controlled substance and be decriminalized nationally. I did vote yes.

Old 11-14-2016, 11:49 AM

63 posts, read 102,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iowegian3 View Post
Perhaps Pueblo's (heck, Colorado's) chronic homeless population will begin to subside with more places with legal weed. But then Trump the hypocrite might just side with the federal anti-drug crowd itching to get back in business and lower the boom on weed. Not likely, I think, but you never know when a loose cannon will go off.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDog77 View Post
This comment shows a complete lack of understanding for the causes and solutions for homelessness.
Of course it's a given that the root causes of homelessness are many and complex. I wasn't trying to address them. You've not been down to Pueblo or Cañon lately, I believe. Ask anyone who's involved with the homeless population down here, and they will tell you that the homeless population spiked after legal rec weed.

Read for yourself, and consider the source is a pro-marijuana site:
https://cannabis.net/blog/locations/...juana-migrants

Also, one of the Pueblo County commissioners, Sal Pace, alleged that Denver was exporting some of their homeless down to Pueblo:
Pot money to fund sending homeless
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado