Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-29-2008, 01:50 PM

48 posts, read 230,831 times

Advertisements

Hi, can anyone tell me what Woodland Park is like? How is the employment rate, crime, average age of people in the area, cost of living? Which area would you consider better, Woodland or Colorado Springs as far as living and being able to get to things easily?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-29-2008, 02:02 PM

26,329 posts, read 93,748,294 times
Here are some webcams of Woodland Park if you are interested:

Woodland Park and Pikes Peak Webcam - Current Weather and Road Conditions

Old 02-29-2008, 05:54 PM

4 posts, read 20,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GARDENGAL60 View Post
Hi, can anyone tell me what Woodland Park is like? How is the employment rate, crime, average age of people in the area, cost of living? Which area would you consider better, Woodland or Colorado Springs as far as living and being able to get to things easily?
Woodland Park is not much more than a bedroom community serving Colorado Springs.

It's a 20-30 minute drive from Woodland to anywhere in CoSprings, maybe more to get to the further East side (think Kansas).

There are no jobs in Woodland Park unless you count WalMart. There is no culture in Woodland Park. Seriously. There are 2 friggin' starbucks.

It's basically the same strip mall you can find anywhere in middle America.

I would check City Data for the vital stats you need.

CoSprings is nice if you are church going.

Enjoy.

Old 02-29-2008, 06:20 PM

26,212 posts, read 49,031,855 times
Quote:
WP is lovely in many ways, but there really isn't a lot there. Many people who live there like being up on the mountain away from the city of COL SPGS. Most employment seems to be retail and services like insurance, realty, banking, eateries, medical, etc. Okay if working online from home. IMO, its not convenient to the city of COL SPGS, and I think commuting up/down that hill on Rte 24 every work day would get old in a hurry.

Old 02-29-2008, 06:32 PM

26,329 posts, read 93,748,294 times
I think they just built a hospital there. (My doctor moved there so now I'm looking for another doctor.)

Old 05-02-2008, 01:40 PM

17 posts, read 55,319 times
If you like small mountain towns, as opposed to the traffic and noise of a big city, than Woodland Park is wonderful. I live and work in Woodland Park and only go to the Springs to visit my daughter, who is in college, and to go to the malls. Colorado Springs is like any larger city, jobs, shopping, traffic. The crime is almost funny compared to where we came from in California. My older kids can walk around town, and the younger one can play outside without being watched by an adult close by at all times.

Old 05-26-2008, 09:54 AM

1 posts, read 7,010 times
I am moving to woodland park myself in a few weeks. We are starting out renting for now. I've got a friend who lives out there, and she loves it, says it's great. It's been a God send for her with her physical disabilities (cleaner air, less allergy problems for her).

I do need help with a few questions. She's been there awhile and can't remember, lol. I was wondering the turn on fees for electric, water, what are the local companies for those, and what cable company services that area. I can't seem to find one that actually says they service woodland park. We will be near RE2 if that helps knowing which companies.

I know directv, which we have here, but dont know if I can have that in the apt or not, and I'd like high speed internet through someone. I just need to know which company to call so I can get things going for our move date.

Old 05-26-2008, 03:09 PM

7,184 posts, read 9,315,042 times
Quote:
One thing to consider is that if you live in Woodland Park and commute to Colorado Springs for a 9-5 job, you will always be driving into the sun. it makes commuting more difficult.

Furthermore, as a supervisor for a company in Colo Springs, I've observed several people who bought a house in Woodland Park and lasted just one winter. It's beautiful in August, but by February that extra 3000 feet elevation brings much colder winters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado