U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2007, 12:09 PM

86,889 posts, read 102,319,187 times

Advertisements

Quote:
community college or university within commute. I will be schooling to get my RN.
You need to be careful about the nursing plans. It is difficult to get into nursing school here in CO, apparently because of a shortage of faculty. I have a lot of co-workers and acquaintances who are/have been wait-listed for various schools here in metro Denver. I would imagine it's even harder in a small community with fewer programs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2007, 05:01 PM

3 posts, read 9,856 times
I have lived in Pueblo West for almost a year. I have a really nice home that I purchased in the $140's, but the bad thing is my yard is sad looking. I couldn't afford to add landscaping at the time which was about $4,000, and can't afford it now, either. I can't find someone to do it. Guys, (Hispanics both times) come by, place cards in my mailbox, stop if they see me in the yard, look, measure, talk, but you never see them again. They don't answer their phones either. Oh well, I'd do it myself, if I could, but there again, I have a part-time job that doesn't pay very well. Why, I have a BS degree in Education, have been a secretary, use to be a mail carrier, but I can't find a decent job and believe me, I have looked and applied many times and many places. I like Pueblo, but it seems it doesn't like me.

Old 07-16-2008, 09:14 PM

2 posts, read 5,971 times
i currently live in pueblo with my mom im 15 and a half pueblo is all that bad i mean maybe im just used to it by now but were planning on moving to springs is it a safe town and alot better than here cause im really excited as long as i dont have to worry about her or anything happening to our stuff you know?

Old 07-16-2008, 11:12 PM

14,498 posts, read 22,347,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSPIN75 View Post
I currently live in Pueblo with my mom. I'm 15 and a half.

Pueblo is all that bad (?? Pueblo is bad? Pueblo isn't all that bad? Bad=Pueblo? Come on now. Aren't you in like the 10 and a half grade now?) WHAT DO YOU MEAN?

I mean maybe I'm just used to it by now, but we're planning on moving to Springs.

[I may not have the perfect grammar and all anymore, but I like to insert a paragraph once in a while for readability.]

Is it a safe town and alot better than here? Cause I'm really excited as long as I don't have to worry about her or anything happening to our stuff you know?
I think I know what you're saying. Springs is a pretty good town. It's about 5 times bigger than this town, so a lot more excitement for sure. Things are a bit more expensive so you'll have to make do with what you can for now, you know. Look out for your mom and yourself and just kind of be a bit street smart and you should be ok. You get to chose your friends. Pick people who are going to be a positive influence for you. Make school a priority. You can practice your typing skills here. Sorry to be such a smart alleck (sp??) and welcome to City-Data. I mispell words quite a bit just on accident, but I google stuff when I'm not sure. As far as punctuation, you should be well versed on that by now. Try to practice it here.

What in the world compelled you to dig up this old thread? This is the very thread that brought me to City-Data.

Old 07-17-2008, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadine View Post
I think the best way to learn about a town is go on line and read their newspaper. www.pueblochieftain.com
I think a better way is to come out and visit us.

I think it's about high time for a Pueblo Pic thread. HaHa! Pueblo was once the #2 city in the state and it will probably never have it's own sub category. And unless I get some neighbors in here, nor should it.

I wish all of SouthEastern Colorado would come in here and represent.

Old 07-17-2008, 03:18 PM

Default Pueblo Pic thread Part 1

Pueblo, southern and western county pics. Some are repeats. Sorry about that.

Old 07-17-2008, 03:43 PM

Default Pueblo Pic thread Part 2

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p133/mcgowdog/greenchileprep.jpg (broken link)

Old 07-17-2008, 04:27 PM

907 posts, read 1,782,951 times
i love this thread! it's so informative...

please more pics! maybe some of the neighborhoods or the zoo.... or the children's theater or..... some more downtown! maybe comparisons between Pueblo and Pueblo West!

i love this site!

Old 07-17-2008, 05:09 PM

I'd love to. Thanks for lookin'. My computer keeps crashing! I just failed twice to get a bunch of pics up. Adobe 9 just crashed my computer a minute ago and I lost my post!

What childrens theater do you speak of? Comparision of Pueblo to P-dub; an old well established city with character, scars, trees, and beauty vs a high plains desert with a res and wind and prairie rats and a rabbit infestation, and dust, and -did I mention wind, and no trees! Just kidding.

Neiborhoods, the zoo, and downtown coming up! I was just thinking how I've never taken any from the River Walk. Tomorrow I go to lunch at Patti's, so we'll se what I can come up with.

Old 07-17-2008, 06:47 PM

907 posts, read 1,782,951 times
thanks so much McG! such great candid photos! Pueblo has definitely grabbed my attention Bummer about your computer!

actually i think the children's theater is in the arts center. i don't know what it's called, but i've heard of it...

i'm getting realllllllllllllly excited about Colorado, especially Pueblo! you guys will have to tell me all the good mexi-joints around town, and sight-seeing areas! is there anywhere to ride horses out there??

McG, i think you def. should start a seperate thread for Pueblo pics lol why not??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or