U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 12-08-2009, 03:15 PM
Status: "CSU Pueblo football is ranked 2nd in the nation!" (set 3 days ago)

10,083 posts, read 11,010,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by W16thPuebloChula View Post
I'm from Pueblo Colorado born and raised. It is a very ghetto town depending on the place you are living. I am from w16th street off of baxter. Its full of hispanics. If you dont like that kind of life style this is not the place for you. Personally I love it. Its Where I'm from.
Pueblo is more industrial then we are ghetto. Yes we have are bad areas of town, every major city does, but I love the rustic and industrial look of Pueblo and am glad we kep most of the historic buildings instead of torn them down like most other cities that grew in the 1960's and built their 60's tastic buildings instead.
Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2009, 08:27 PM

138 posts, read 195,375 times
Thats where I live, probably wont renew the lease though its a nice neighboorhood and everything but the noise volume is too much to relax and enjoy life.

Old 12-08-2009, 09:52 PM

8,039 posts, read 12,846,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ernesttbass View Post
GOOOOOOOOOO CHIEFSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!! ROFPMP!
Go Chiefs? Bah Ha!!!! Go Broncos!

While I'm here, I'll try to fire off a few Pueblo West snow pics;

Last edited by McGowdog; 12-08-2009 at 10:31 PM..

Old 12-09-2009, 09:22 AM

And the roads still aren't plowed in Pueblo or Pueblo west, explains part of the reason its so cheap; not providing essential services for public safety.

Old 12-09-2009, 10:29 AM

1,466 posts, read 1,883,718 times
If you love CHAMA, NM as much as I do, than think Trinidad, Co. Much cheaper than Chama, not as harsh of a Winter and right in the neck of woods to be. Been, looking at land near Trinidad and am quite please of their prices. it is about an hour South of Pueblo too. Stationed once in Pueblo and wasn't too much of a fan of it because it was too far from the mountains but other than that just fine.

Haven't seen too many people mention Chama before, but we just love it. I spend several weeks in the fall there every year in the same cabin.

Old 12-09-2009, 10:36 AM

1,466 posts, read 1,883,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb G View Post
I live in Trinidad, about an hour south of Pueblo and my sister-in-law lives in Pueblo. When we want to go shopping, we all go to Pueblo. It has a wide variety of stores and restaraunts. Plenty of things to do. Close to many recreation areas. A kayak park in the middle of town and a great river walk. Biking trails all over. If I didn't love Trinidad so much, I'd probably be in Pueblo.

Deb, your a lucky to live in such a nice town. We will be retiring in a few years and selling a ranch which might take a little while to sell. Anyway, I've look at a lot of real estate in and near Trinidad and get confused on property taxes. Been mostly looking around the Weston area. Is there a set guide to property taxes and what is your sells tax. Does Trinidad have a grocery tax? Thanks, Debbie at Bountiful

Old 12-09-2009, 10:40 AM

818 posts, read 939,025 times
you better have a lot of cash.house 200-250k mortgage 600-1000 a month?

Old 12-09-2009, 12:32 PM

8,039 posts, read 12,846,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bostontopueblo View Post
And the roads still aren't plowed in Pueblo or Pueblo west, explains part of the reason its so cheap; not providing essential services for public safety.
Yeah, isn't it great?

If you don't like the snow, you can sit at home and watch Penn & Teller... or you can do something about it.

Old 12-09-2009, 01:22 PM

Haha, I gotta buy myself one of those
I like the snow I just dont like having to drive in it when it could easily have been cleared.

Also west 16th st is not at all ghetto at least compared to the ghettos im used to. It's a very nice neighorboorhood. This isnt like some parts of Mattapan in Boston or New York city where its unsafe to leave your home at any point of the year.

Old 12-10-2009, 10:09 AM
Status: "CSU Pueblo football is ranked 2nd in the nation!" (set 3 days ago)

10,083 posts, read 11,010,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bostontopueblo View Post
There is no way Pueblo west could plow all the roads if it wanted to. They have just as many roads as Pueblo with only 35,000 people. Most of the roads are dirt. If you live there that is one thing that you have to understand.

BTW I hear Colorado Springs cut back on snow pllowing too. So its not just a Pueblo issue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado