U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-01-2017, 01:47 PM

4,697 posts, read 4,323,951 times

Advertisements

I came across this in another forum and thought that it would be fun to share it with the folks here as well:

Originally Posted by jaminhealth

Quote:
You can retire to Colorado where...

1. You carry your $3,000 mountain bike atop your $500 car.

2. You tell your husband to pick up Granola on his way home, so he stops at the day care center.

3. A pass does not involve a football or dating.

4. The top of your head is bald, but you still have a pony tail.

5. Smoking marijuana is not a crime, everyone does it.
To which I added -

LOL! Pretty right on about Colorado. Someone wanted cities, so I'll do the update on Denver where...

1. You can rent your very own efficiency apartment for a mere $3,000.00/mo in a brand new neighborhood half way to Kansas. But that's fine by you since recreational pot is now legal.

2. It takes at least 6 hours on heavily congested roads to drive to Vail for a weekend ski trip and you don't count the additional 6 hours you were stuck in the Eisenhower Tunnel on I-70 waiting for them to clear a jack-knifed truck off Vail Pass because that's just fine by you since recreational pot is now legal.

3. Granola is now in high school and when you stop in after school to pick her up, her friends tell you that she has run away to Aspen with her ski bum of a BF to "find herself" which is just fine by you since recreational pot is now legal.

4. You cover your car with "Hillary!" and "Feel the Bern!" stickers, so nobody will notice it's a lousy $500 bucket of bolts and you're fine with that since now that recreational pot is legal, you're too stoned to do much driving, anyhow.

Retire to Colorado, everyone, so you can join us in visualizing whirled peas or whirled whatever you want since - well, you know!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2017, 01:58 PM

4,768 posts, read 4,884,005 times
New State Song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8f-BUt0Eywg

Old 06-01-2017, 02:28 PM

1,019 posts, read 1,100,586 times
funny

Old 06-01-2017, 05:10 PM

4,697 posts, read 4,323,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vision67 View Post

Killer idea! Certainly beats the sappy song "Where the Columbines Grow" (1915) which was our State Song until Rocky Mountain High by John Denver was added in 2007 over the objections of those who felt it encouraged drug use. Although, maybe it did, eh?

I was never much of a John Denver fan although not because I was worried he was a drug pusher. I vote for "Colorado" by Chuck Pyle (just a pretty song) for our co-state song along with "Don't Bogart that Joint."

New co-State Song (no pun intended):

https://youtu.be/-GaMBE7XEEo

Old 06-01-2017, 07:00 PM

3,178 posts, read 7,015,349 times
Thank you, Thank you, Thank you! I needed a giggle.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or