Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2017, 06:32 PM

7,827 posts, read 3,378,485 times

Advertisements

The cool summer mornings in the 50s and low 60s are one of the best things about living in Colorado. I turn on the attic fan for about an hour to get the house down to 67 or so, then close up the windows by 7:00 a.m. and it rarely rises above 72 on any given day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2017, 04:39 AM

7,179 posts, read 9,309,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
The cool summer mornings in the 50s and low 60s are one of the best things about living in Colorado. I turn on the attic fan for about an hour to get the house down to 67 or so, then close up the windows by 7:00 a.m. and it rarely rises above 72 on any given day.
I do the same. A whole house fan is a wonderfully efficient way to draw in the cool morning air and dump the hot air out through the attic vents.

A benefit of having a well insulated house with low E windows is that they retain the coolness.

With just a single window air conditioner in the family room and a fan, I can easily cool that entire floor even if the afternoon temps get into the 90s.

Old 06-20-2017, 08:06 AM

12,262 posts, read 24,454,174 times
Quote:
While it gets cool in Pueblo at night i still have to keep my central air on 24/7 this time of year as the highs are usually 95-105. But i love the heat!

Old 06-20-2017, 09:42 AM

4,027 posts, read 2,711,590 times
I get up early and walk my dog in an open space with lots of trees and tallgrass near my house. We enjoy the cool mornings, the early sunshine, and listening to the bird calling out.

I am a little bummed that it's getting hot enough to need to turn my AC on. I prefer being able to open up the house and get fresh air.

Old 06-21-2017, 10:37 AM

1,943 posts, read 2,294,782 times
Pueblo ! as hot as El Paso , Tx the west part even looks like El Paso

Old 07-18-2019, 04:15 AM

7,179 posts, read 9,309,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vision67 View Post
I'm sitting on my deck at 5:50 AM, enjoying my coffee and listening to the birds chatter. It's a wonderful, cool 60 degrees.

I look toward the mountains and see Pikes Peak with its still snowy top and realize that it's such a privilege to live in such a beautiful State.

No wonder so many people want to move here.
I found this string from a few years ago.

I feel the same way this morning.

My whole house fan is sucking in delightfully cool air.

When I read about the heat wave engulfing the rest of the country I'm so glad to be in Colorado.

Old 07-20-2019, 12:11 PM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,690 posts, read 58,004,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vision67 View Post
I found this string from a few years ago.

I feel the same way this morning.

My whole house fan is sucking in delightfully cool air.

When I read about the heat wave engulfing the rest of the country I'm so glad to be in Colorado.
and / or PNW (56F this AM) great summers, fresh wild berries for breakfast and steelhead for dinner.

Glad I have both options. (CO and PNW). Whole house fans serve me well. (No need for AC)

View is not too bad either.
http://www.city-data.com/forum/membe...-cape-horn.jpg

Old 07-20-2019, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthRabbit View Post
and / or PNW (56F this AM) great summers, fresh wild berries for breakfast and steelhead for dinner.

Glad I have both options. (CO and PNW). Whole house fans serve me well. (No need for AC)

View is not too bad either.
http://www.city-data.com/forum/membe...-cape-horn.jpg
We were only down to 70 or so this morning at 4:00 a.m. in Loveland as the heatwave continued. Warmest overnight/morning temp I remember in quite some time.

Old 07-20-2019, 03:45 PM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,690 posts, read 58,004,579 times
Quote:
We were only down to 70 or so this morning at 4:00 a.m. in Loveland as the heatwave continued. Warmest overnight/morning temp I remember in quite some time.
Then it is a good time to head for the Snowy Range (WY). We used to run up there for long summers afternoon MC rides ~ 3pm - 10PM.. 200+ days / yr the SR is not so pleasant to enjoy.

For a quick trip we would do the Poudre, or even Glen Haven. (Avoiding summer traffic to Estes Park) We often rode up the Buckhorn and over Storm Mt to Glen Haven. (no traffic!). Really great in fall during Elk Rut.

Old 07-20-2019, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthRabbit View Post
Then it is a good time to head for the Snowy Range (WY). We used to run up there for long summers afternoon MC rides ~ 3pm - 10PM.. 200+ days / yr the SR is not so pleasant to enjoy.

For a quick trip we would do the Poudre, or even Glen Haven. (Avoiding summer traffic to Estes Park) We often rode up the Buckhorn and over Storm Mt to Glen Haven. (no traffic!). Really great in fall during Elk Rut.
Yes, we get up to all those areas as often as we can. Do the Glen Haven trails around once a week, particularly the various routes up Crossier Mountain. Try to get up to Snowy Range at least once a summer as well as several trips up the Poudre. The partner works in Red Feather once a week, so the dog and I enjoy running up to Cameron Pass after dropping him off.

Luckily, a storm just blew through and cooled things down this evening!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado