U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2017, 08:28 AM

6,905 posts, read 6,499,225 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good Red Road View Post
Hopefully after attending WyoTech they'll be able to tune up their vehicles.
Haha. They are tuning them to do this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2017, 10:32 PM

9,390 posts, read 17,314,904 times
My wife was just telling me about a coal rolling incident she experienced last night. She was the first car in her lane waiting for a light to change to green. The truck next to her took off in a cloud of black soot, and she couldn't see anything. So she sat there for 10 seconds or so waiting the the air to clear enough to see. She said she still couldn't see much, but she didn't want to hold up the cars behind her any longer.

It's mostly very rude, but it's also dangerous. I've seen pickups doing that driving down a street. They'll pass a car and blow exhaust at them, making it impossible to see anything for a few seconds -- all while driving 40 mph. You cover a lot of ground in 5 seconds at 40 mph, too much to do it blindly.

I'm surprised the fine is only $100. It ought to be $500!

True enough that some diesels will smoke badly because they need work. My old 2000 F250 had a habit of glow plug failures, and it would smoke to high heaven for a couple minutes until the engine was warmed up enough. In cases like this, a warning could be issued to fix the vehicle, just like the cops usually do if they stop you for a burned out headlight or taillight. But that's not "rolling coal," and I think any policeman/trooper would know the difference.

Thumbs up to Colorado for making it illegal. I don't know if it's illegal in Wyoming or not, but it should be.

Old 06-21-2017, 01:55 PM

14,498 posts, read 22,345,330 times
Hilarious.

Old 06-21-2017, 09:10 PM

897 posts, read 483,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwiley View Post
Maybe next they will ban farting in public. No I do not even own a pickup, but it causes no real harm and is just another example of using the government to control actions that some people do not like.
Are you saying some people do like it?

Old 06-28-2017, 02:31 PM

21,267 posts, read 21,770,741 times
it's good that the Neanderthals leave a trail of stench behind them

Old 06-29-2017, 12:49 PM

993 posts, read 1,673,124 times
Cool, now will they enforce laws against people blocking traffic because they lost an election, or maybe require workplace enforcement of immigration laws?

Old 06-29-2017, 12:50 PM

993 posts, read 1,673,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
it's good that the Neanderthals leave a trail of stench behind them

Eh, it's organic.

Old 06-29-2017, 01:53 PM

1,561 posts, read 2,818,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
Hilarious.
Pathetic

Old 07-01-2017, 12:17 PM

191 posts, read 134,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwiley View Post
Maybe next they will ban farting in public. No I do not even own a pickup, but it causes no real harm and is just another example of using the government to control actions that some people do not like.

"No real harm?" I suggest you prove that right now by rollin' smoke in your own garage, with the door shut. If that doesn't sound appealing, then ponder why any of us should be subjected to a dose of your sooty smoke, or your blood, urine or feces... Most kids learn to "keep it you yourself" at a young age. But some folks don't, I guess.

Old 07-01-2017, 12:22 PM

191 posts, read 134,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 815307 View Post

I'm surprised this just now became a law, considering how much of it I'd see when I was living in southern Wyoming, and when I'd drive down to Colorado. The drivers doing it usually drive very aggressively, tailgate, and weave through traffic in their giant trucks on top of rolling coal. They're like the kids driving fast and furious type cars of the late 90s and early 00s, except now it seems giant lifted diesel trucks are the 'in' vehicle.
It's a frightening situation out there. The same kind of testosterone-toxified punks who drove "Smoky and the Bandit"-style Camaros and GTOs back in the day are now driving weaponized vehicles, just as powerful but much heavier, higher and less capable of turning and stopping.

I choose my own cars, without much care or concern about what other people do or think. Currently, I'm shopping for an obscure plug-in hybrid that almost nobody buys. But it's also been many years since my last collision, so it's easier for me to ignore the danger.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or