Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2017, 01:28 PM

365 posts, read 348,207 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDog77 View Post
Haha. They are tuning them to do this.
In Denver, I often see pickups with elaborate exhaust setups mounted in the front of the bed, where honest men used to put tool boxes. A pair of wide smokestacks will jut up proudly for four feet or so. When the truck has dualie tires on 20"+ rims, it begins to resemble a paddlewheel steamboat on Ol' Man River.

Offenders like this make it easy to spot the intentional coal roller. There's nothing subtle about it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2017, 03:08 PM

9,868 posts, read 7,587,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheatridger View Post
In Denver, I often see pickups with elaborate exhaust setups mounted in the front of the bed, where honest men used to put tool boxes. A pair of wide smokestacks will jut up proudly for four feet or so. When the truck has dualie tires on 20"+ rims, it begins to resemble a paddlewheel steamboat on Ol' Man River.

Offenders like this make it easy to spot the intentional coal roller. There's nothing subtle about it.
It was Denver where I first saw one of those trucks, years ago. Bursting from a red light, tailgating inches from the vehicle ahead, and then hitting the brakes for another red light. Over and over again I saw and smelled him as he lurched and stopped his way up Broadway, blasting engine noise and blowing black clouds up the entire way. The jutting smokestacks clearly were some kind of compensation attempt.

That guy needed a new set of chips for his brain.

Old 07-01-2017, 07:50 PM

1,225 posts, read 3,215,813 times
I recently saw a guy driving one of these trucks. He was heading northbound on Parker Road with his buddy in the passenger seat. The lifted truck was covered in Trump bumper stickers, so I think he was trying to make some kind of political statement. There was an older lady in a Prius driving kindly behind him, but at every intersection, he "rolled coal" at her car. What a douche.

I'm glad this law is in place. People that do this are so trashy.

Old 07-02-2017, 11:26 AM

29 posts, read 29,139 times
I have my DPF deleted in my diesel truck, it gets better mileage and ever since I did it my turbo quit filling up with soot! I've never noticed soot come out my pipes when I have to floor it though.
I have a second home in northern state where the truck is registered, It mostly stays up there but si bring it down if I need to pull a trailer or help a buddy move.

I love my diesel truck buts it's annoying to own in Denver and my garage is not big enough so I keep in South Dakota

I've seen this in smaller rural areas, usually just kids being kids. In Denver they opt for WRXs and the like. They weave in and out traffic after watching too many fast and furious re runs. Idiots are everywhere.

Old 07-02-2017, 02:05 PM

Why is your diesel truck "annoying" in Denver? To you, I mean.

Old 07-02-2017, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheatridger View Post
Why is your diesel truck "annoying" in Denver? To you, I mean.
1. It does not fit in my garage

2. 4 door, long bed.. parking in Denver sucks

3. It's just too big for the roads here

I have a large shop in SD where it's in a garage, and my family there uses it to pull out equipment around. I have a small side business there that My father took over in his retirement doing light landscaping and whatnot.

If it was my only 4WD drive vehicle I'd keep it in Denver, it's a nice truck and gets better fuel mileage than gas pickups. I prefer the 4Runner down here but it's useless for pulling trailers and working out of. Ha

Old 07-03-2017, 09:28 AM

38 posts, read 73,148 times
Our city busses have been "coal rolling" for years in Kansas City.

Old 07-03-2017, 12:40 PM

1,180 posts, read 2,355,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by downtownnola View Post
I recently saw a guy driving one of these trucks. He was heading northbound on Parker Road with his buddy in the passenger seat. The lifted truck was covered in Trump bumper stickers, so I think he was trying to make some kind of political statement. There was an older lady in a Prius driving kindly behind him, but at every intersection, he "rolled coal" at her car. What a douche.

I'm glad this law is in place. People that do this are so trashy.

I think if you drive a hopped up diesel or a Prius, no Hillary or Trump stickers are required. Everyone just assumes...

Old 07-03-2017, 01:50 PM

But what if it's a hopped-up Prius?

For my next car, I'm planning to buy what amounts to that. The Ford C-Max Hybrid resembles a Prius V, their designated "wagon," but has about 50 more combined HP, wide 50-series tires and a Euro-tuned chassis. Few are seen or sold, because it's never advertised, isn't distinctive-looking and lags the Prius by a few insignificant mpg. The perfect car for me, because I don't want a political statement. That's what bumper stickers are for.

Really independent, free-thinking individuals buy the vehicle that suits their needs and tastes, regardless of what others do or say....IMHO, and in fact.

Old 07-03-2017, 08:51 PM

Kind of off topic..

I just can't see how people live without a pickup. For the first time in my life I do not have one (In Denver.. it's a 6 hour trip North to get to my truck)

It's a massive pain everytime I need to haul stuff. I cut down 7-8 smaller trees that blew over and leaning on my roof the other day and I had nothing to haul them away. Wish I would've got a Tacoma instead of the 4Runner..

Anyway.. The most annoying drivers in this city can be found in a suburu going 20 under the speed limit in the fast lane while rolling a J.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado