U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2018, 06:17 PM

3,560 posts, read 1,750,449 times

Advertisements

This is a naive question by most accounts. Of course it snows everywhere in CO. You have to be pretty far south to escape snow. I think the Florida panhandle can see snow on rare occasion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2018, 07:16 PM

11,053 posts, read 12,403,387 times
Does it snow everywhere in co?

Yes

Old 05-14-2018, 11:48 PM

2,561 posts, read 5,009,192 times
Moving back very soon to coastal CA. where the weather is truly spectacular year round. Spent many years doing the extreme winter outdoors deal in CO, going hardcore by anyone's metric. Returning to surfing, 70 degree January temps, pleasant aroma of eucalyptus, citrus and every conceivable subtropical.
I feel ya, no snow! Spent many years living in Colorado's premier locals...Aspen, Boulder, Lodo, Cherry Creek, never wanted to leave. That feeling changed drastically after living on the coast with perfect weather, water, and a broader choice of outdoor activities. Did my time years ago in the military in So Cal... Death Valley Fort Irwin..no snow there.Lol.. Colorado is nice but IMO the weather isn't something I would exalt above many other milder states I have lived in.

Last edited by Scott5280; 05-15-2018 at 12:02 AM..

Old 05-21-2018, 04:46 PM

864 posts, read 423,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsangia View Post
To me the ideal place to live is:
NO Snow
Little Humidty
NO SNOW
Good Schools
Safe town
NO SNOW
Lots of shopping

Can you recommend an area I'd like to spend around 300K 4-5 bedroom

Thank you
Chandler, AZ

I see a house on Zillow for $300k with 4 bedrooms

Old 05-22-2018, 07:50 AM

3,051 posts, read 2,079,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott5280 View Post
Moving back very soon to coastal CA. where the weather is truly spectacular year round. Spent many years doing the extreme winter outdoors deal in CO, going hardcore by anyone's metric. Returning to surfing, 70 degree January temps, pleasant aroma of eucalyptus, citrus and every conceivable subtropical.
I feel ya, no snow! Spent many years living in Colorado's premier locals...Aspen, Boulder, Lodo, Cherry Creek, never wanted to leave. That feeling changed drastically after living on the coast with perfect weather, water, and a broader choice of outdoor activities. Did my time years ago in the military in So Cal... Death Valley Fort Irwin..no snow there.Lol.. Colorado is nice but IMO the weather isn't something I would exalt above many other milder states I have lived in.
Spectacular, perfect and other descriptors for weather that never alters much from the '70s and partly sunny is typically a personal opinion. There are some of us for whom perfect is dependent upon the season, application, and activity. Weather that never changes much actually sounds pretty boring to me. A cool morning with wisps of aspen followed by a sunny afternoon of pine is pretty nice. A mid-day walk through field of sage and chamisa can similarly bring sensory input to the nose as well as the eyes.

To each their own. Good luck in CA.

Old 05-22-2018, 09:43 AM

1,303 posts, read 430,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott5280 View Post
See, I'd personally rank CO as a pretty mild state.

The NE gets tons of snow in the winter and has warm humid summers
The SE has pleasant winters but hot extremely humid summers
The MW has somewhat snowy, cold, grey winters and warm humid summers
The SW has perfect winters but extremely hot summers
The NW has rainy, grey winters but perfect summers

Southern Cali is unique (same as Hawaii) where the weather is consistent.

But for CO, we have rather mild winters (snow, followed by 50-60 deg days) and dry warm summers (occasionally hot, but nothing like Phoenix). We don't have endless days of grey or cold, and even on the hot summer days, the low humidity mean mornings are awesome and evenings are perfect. Try that in FL where it's like 95% humidity at 6AM and then stays 85 deg at 8PM

Old 05-24-2018, 07:56 AM

4,656 posts, read 1,327,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by illinoisphotographer View Post

But for CO, we have rather mild winters (snow, followed by 50-60 deg days) and dry warm summers (occasionally hot, but nothing like Phoenix). We don't have endless days of grey or cold, and even on the hot summer days, the low humidity mean mornings are awesome and evenings are perfect. Try that in FL where it's like 95% humidity at 6AM and then stays 85 deg at 8PM
Very accurate description. I guess if one is coming from LA, Colorado might seem cold, but have very mild winters compared to most of the rest of the country, particularly the NE and the Midwest, where the high humidity makes it almost impossible to enjoy outdoor activities year round, as one can do nearly every day in Colorado, with literally a handful of days being extreme.

Old 05-24-2018, 08:01 AM

86,889 posts, read 102,301,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by illinoisphotographer View Post

Having lived in Illinois myself, I'd agree. I lived in Champaign, 130 miles south of Chicago and its legendary winters, and the winters there are shorter, but still very cold. Winter days with highs below zero are not rare. And Champaign's summers! "Hazy, hot, humid; highs in the upper 80s to lower 90s, 25% chance of rain" is the forecast pretty much all summer.

Old 05-25-2018, 09:10 AM

7,335 posts, read 16,592,209 times
Actually, I wonder if the OP has already moved somewhere. This is an OLD thread!

If this was a new thread, I'd really, really be wondering about the OP...….asking if it snows in Colorado. I can only think of a one word description of that question, WEIRD!!

Old 05-25-2018, 12:16 PM

21,015 posts, read 11,633,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveBoating View Post
Actually, I wonder if the OP has already moved somewhere. This is an OLD thread!

If this was a new thread, I'd really, really be wondering about the OP....asking if it snows in Colorado. I can only think of a one word description of that question, WEIRD!!
looks like they ended up in North Carolina

Mover recommendations from NJ to Cary
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado