U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2017, 08:36 AM

10 posts, read 4,699 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by brown_dog_us View Post
You don't need to take a job working retail to save up to work construction. A lot of construction companies/crews will give you a ride to the jobsite.

Also, perhaps you could find a sales job. It's like retail, but pays better. Nobody cares if their sales people went to college.
Yeah that'd be great if I could find a construction job where I'd be provided transportation. Working in construction for my girlfriends aunt would require moving from site to site and she told me I definitely need my own car. But she also told me to buy a used German or American car... Not while I'm broke haha! Starting out with Japanese and working my way up to German when I can afford all those repairs is the dream!

Something else I've thought about is car sales. I think I'd be really good at that because my brains like a vacuum sucking up information left and right when it comes to cars. They just make sense to me. Working at an Apple store would also be an ideal job.

I'll look into other construction jobs that would offer transportation and I'll ask my girlfriend to look too! Thanks for the advice!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2017, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidyankee764 View Post
Keep in mind, Litchfield County, what you're saying is very similar in cost to CO, is one of the cheapest counties in CT.
Exactly! Fairfield County is miles above every other county around here when it comes to cost of living except for parts of Westchester County, NY. If you know nothing about New Canaan, Greenwich, Darien, or Wilton you really have no business telling me it won't be much cheaper... Because it will be. Even Norwalk and Stamford are crazily more expensive than CO!

Old 07-17-2017, 10:12 AM

20,823 posts, read 39,021,081 times
From recent press reports, home builders can't find enough workers to fill the jobs that are open. Get out here asap and start swinging a hammer.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 07-17-2017, 12:02 PM

16,643 posts, read 23,030,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quavo808 View Post
Thank you! Fairfield County is absolutely ridiculous. With the money I'm making now even if I was able to get a place here I'd fall behind on rent very soon and be kicked to the curb. Colorado would make it a million times easier for me to budget my money, everything here in Fairfield County is so painfully expensive. I don't understand where people are getting their information from when they tell me in person it's not cheaper out there... Maybe not EVERYTHING will be cheaper but overall it's significantly less expensive to live in CO.

Thanks for the info and reply!
The major difference (aside from cost) is here, it feels like it's crowded everywhere. Over 90 minutes in any direction from NYC, its a rat race. Once the rat race finally begins to lessen, you start to hit the rat race of Boston or Philly/Baltimore. Most people I've spoken to who move to the coastal northeast from other areas tell me how exhausting it can be. I'm used to the neuroticism, I guess. In Denver, once you get outside the rat race of their metro area, it's beautifully serene and relaxing. So, moving may have health benefits too (less stress, etc).

Old 07-17-2017, 03:13 PM

5,322 posts, read 7,158,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quavo808 View Post
Camping could be a last resort! I didn't think of that! My girlfriends parents moved there about three weeks ago and my girlfriend just went out there on saturday. Another excellent idea, I'll ask her to get a couple news papers and look for rooms to rent! I'll also ask her to check online and maybe she'll be able to see a few places and make a good impression. Seriously thank you, what a tremendous help!
There is a free classifieds paper called The Thrifty Nickel that she might find in some stores......

Old 07-17-2017, 04:05 PM

1,019 posts, read 1,100,232 times
some entry level jobs give you a company vehicle for commuting .

https://jobs.smartrecruiters.com/Edg...an-longmont-co

Old 07-17-2017, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilberry View Post
some entry level jobs give you a company vehicle for commuting .

https://jobs.smartrecruiters.com/Edg...an-longmont-co
Thanks but I'll have to find something other than pest control. Arachnophobia is deeply seeded into my DNA, an ancestor of mine must've had a couple bad run-ins with them lol. Throw a snake at me and I know what to do, throw a spider at me and we got ourselves a problem

Old 07-17-2017, 11:08 PM

204 posts, read 198,144 times
If you camp make sure you pack EVERYTHING you take in back out. That includes all trash. You should also know that on pubic lands that allow camping, you cannot camp in any one spot for longer than 2 weeks. After that you must move or risk being fined. And if you have any campfires (make sure you know what is allowed and whether any burn bans are in effect ... as they are right now) you MUST make sure they are soaked cold to the touch and never ever left burning unattended. Completely douse all coals. Thanks OP.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or