U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2017, 04:21 PM

1,022 posts, read 510,587 times

Advertisements

Living on the front range, I don't think I can answer too much, even tho' I consider the Springs a small city, you probably don't. There are some areas in it that have a low population density (east), but I did just want to mention that there are a lot of Germans in the community here, due to the military, so if that's important to you, you can easily have a German community accessible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2018, 11:26 AM

225 posts, read 96,815 times
An Update

Hey everyone. Since you all were giving me so many replies and such good advice, I want to give a little update on how things turned out.

After I did some research, I went ahead and made plans. I booked a 2-way flight and a place for 3 weeks in December 2017 around the Boulder area. I was gonna use it as a base to go job hunting for even just a low level job at first. If no job would've materialized, I would've gotten on the return flight, which had a stop close to where my family down south is located. I was planing to get off the plane there and then commit to staying in the US. But with family support just in case...

And then a European company, which I had long written off, replied to one of my job applications. I went in and gave it my best shot. Got my dream job. I have been with that company now for a few months and they are treating me right. They hired me as a sales engineer for materials analysis equipment.

So when do I come back home? Well, the company has a strong presence in the US and Canada. It just so happens that my GF, who is also a recent university graduate, just got a job with another company that also operates many US offices. At the moment, we are hoping that we can work something out in 2 to 3 years or so. Get our careers started at the main branches in Europe and then get transfered to the States. Some of these branches are quite close to one another respectively.

When I am back, hopefully, I will be sure to at least make a trip to Colorado! Thanks for all the good help and God bless!

Cheers

Old 01-21-2018, 11:40 AM

20,836 posts, read 39,052,603 times
Bravo! Thanks for the update, our posters appreciate knowing the outcomes of others.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 01-21-2018, 07:29 PM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
22,393 posts, read 39,713,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Odenwald View Post
An Update

Hey everyone. Since you all were giving me so many replies and such good advice, I want to give a little update on how things turned out.

... a European company, which I had long written off, replied to one of my job applications. I went in and gave it my best shot. Got my dream job. I have been with that company now for a few months and they are treating me right. ...Get our careers started at the main branches in Europe and then get transfered to the States. ...
When I am back, hopefully, I will be sure to at least make a trip to Colorado! Thanks for all the good help and God bless!

Cheers
Do keep those international jobs, they will open a lot of doors and opportunities in the future (US and international).

Especially great to have international jobs when your kids are young and up to college age.

When / if you come back to US, (and still during earning yrs) Consider an income tax free state. (WA, NH, and AK have mtns and ocean, NV, WY, SD have Mtns. TX, and FL have ocean.

CO worked OK for me for 28 yrs, but my income yrs were better served elsewhere (Left coast wages and no State income tax). Several friends with internet businesses choose to domicile in US Protectorates and they visit CO often (Which I do as well). Nice place to visit, but many challenges to live there.

Old 01-21-2018, 10:28 PM

230 posts, read 142,324 times
It's funny when Coloradians say how crowded and expensive it is there.

Try Florida. We got you beat in most cities.

Old 01-21-2018, 11:36 PM

603 posts, read 732,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Postal77 View Post
It's funny when Coloradians say how crowded and expensive it is there.

Try Florida. We got you beat in most cities.
Coloradoans, no i

Old 01-22-2018, 06:57 AM

6,904 posts, read 6,496,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarrySkiesAbove View Post
Coloradoans, no i
Coloradans, no o

https://www.denverpost.com/2007/03/1...or-coloradoan/

Old 01-22-2018, 08:32 AM

603 posts, read 732,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDog77 View Post
Lol you are right and I am a native! What happens when one posts late at night

Old 01-22-2018, 09:04 AM

6,904 posts, read 6,496,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarrySkiesAbove View Post
Lol you are right and I am a native! What happens when one posts late at night
Im suspending your native card for one week.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or