U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2017, 02:46 PM

6,905 posts, read 6,501,326 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyB07 View Post
Thanks for the pointers! we do a lot of time, so this sounds nice.

Thanks, SkyDog77. You're right, anything below 45 degrees and I can start to feel the summers slip. The S4 with winter tires is an absolute animal of a sedan. Drove it through 10" unplowed with no problem, just had the snow plow issue
Yes Blizzaks + S4 is awesome.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2017, 08:36 AM

4,777 posts, read 2,930,307 times
Will a 4 cylinder car be ok in Denver?

Old 07-26-2017, 08:50 AM

7,981 posts, read 3,434,522 times
When I was stationed at Colorado Springs in 1969.I arrived in November in a VW bug. Never had snow tires. Later switched to a Camero. I was driving through Cheyenne mountain and over to Cripple Creek and Victor. Spent a year there and never had a problem driving through the snow. I had a manual transmission and knew how to downshift so I wouldn't have to brake. Driving an Audi I doubt seriously you'll have any problems. The bug wasn't good in the snow as it spun out several times going to Fort Carson and the wipers froze to the windshield. Never had another VW.

Old 07-26-2017, 08:55 AM

7,981 posts, read 3,434,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaylord_Focker View Post
Should be fine. The old 80s 4 cylinders wouldn't make it through the mountains in North Carolina. I had traffic backed up. Those old 4 cylinders had no power. Made the same trip in a Prius and had no problem. Plenty of power...

Old 07-26-2017, 12:44 PM

26 posts, read 24,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaylord_Focker View Post
Can't tell if trolling or serious, if serious, modern day 4 cylinders will have plenty of power. That's assuming you're not towing anything with that 4 cylinder, in which case you should re-think your choice of vehicle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominftl View Post
When I was stationed at Colorado Springs in 1969.I arrived in November in a VW bug. Never had snow tires. Later switched to a Camero. I was driving through Cheyenne mountain and over to Cripple Creek and Victor. Spent a year there and never had a problem driving through the snow. I had a manual transmission and knew how to downshift so I wouldn't have to brake. Driving an Audi I doubt seriously you'll have any problems. The bug wasn't good in the snow as it spun out several times going to Fort Carson and the wipers froze to the windshield. Never had another VW.
Love these stories about older cars, we're soooo spoiled these days with all the electronic assistance, AWD, etc. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominftl View Post
Should be fine. The old 80s 4 cylinders wouldn't make it through the mountains in North Carolina. I had traffic backed up. Those old 4 cylinders had no power. Made the same trip in a Prius and had no problem. Plenty of power...
I agree!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or