U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2017, 08:46 PM

3,037 posts, read 2,056,189 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomo1395 View Post
Hi! Wondering what some of the most family-oriented, conservative towns in Colorado? Looking for places that are within a 2 hour commute to airport. Thanks!
Which airport? Colorado has more than one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2017, 10:15 PM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
22,320 posts, read 39,584,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDog77 View Post
Playing the victim card doesn't suit you.
We all made our choices and moved on. It is:
1) sad to have left - truly WAS home to many and many generations
2) Difficult to see what happened to those forced out. Ironically 4 heritage Colorado families in my small country school. The stress caused early deaths in all those families, that was sad. Such is life.

Enjoy what we worked so hard to leave behind,,, as a farmer / rancher is is our nature.

Move on. (no less painful and very expensive and a LOT of work to move and re-establish a farm) Thousands of rural Coloradoans have done it, hundreds more this yr.

Enjoy!

Old 09-26-2017, 09:55 AM

5,092 posts, read 2,086,401 times
Moving mostly due to political reasons? Seems weird. You're going to find all types basically everywhere. What if 90% of the town is somehow right-wing, but you end up moving next to someone of the opposite end? Seems a bit childish. There are other factors that are smarter to focus on in choosing a place to live...

Old 09-26-2017, 01:15 PM

811 posts, read 1,220,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDog77 View Post
Playing the victim card doesn't suit you.
Agreed. A great many of us feel "forced" to make a change from wherever we left to wherever we went. I could (and sometimes do) go on and on about the various reasons I was "forced" to move from my state of origin back to the state (Colorado) my parent and grandparent were likewise (in their own minds) previously "forced" to leave for various economic reasons. Farmers and ranchers have been "forced" off the land for the past hundred plus years for a myriad of vast global, technological, mega-corporate, and other reasons, some of which were externally imposed, some of which were internally imposed. Simplistic, self-pitying, passive-aggressive playing of the victim card is something we can ALL indulge in (if we've lived on this earth longer than a few years) and is something we should all generally try to avoid the temptation of doing, else we end up in a vast symphonic pity party in which it will inevitably become crystal clear that nobody ultimately gives a @#$% about somebody else's problems as we all have more than enough of our own. Which almost magically brings us back full circle to the original concept of "Conservative in Colorado!"

Old 09-26-2017, 11:23 PM

1,022 posts, read 507,061 times
Colorado Springs. Especially the north part by Focus on the Family & New Life Church.

Old 09-28-2017, 07:09 PM

1,786 posts, read 1,117,724 times
I know plenty of guys my age in Denver who are conservative and/or voted for Trump. Douglas County is probably your best bit in Littleton or Castle Rock.

Old 10-03-2017, 03:32 PM

1,766 posts, read 2,115,274 times
Statistically, Douglas (Castle Rock/Parker) is the most conservative of the Front Range Counties. El Paso (Colorado Springs) is slowly becoming more and more blue, due to dramatic growth I think. Scan the comments section in The Gazette and you’d swear you were in Boulder, not the Springs. In the last presidential election, the results were around 55%-45% (R) in COS vs. 80%-20% (D) in Denver/Boulder. The Denver Metro is becoming the Front Range version of SF, Portland and NYC.

I was born here and never really considered us a solidly conservative state. We certainly were more so in the 60s and 70s than now. But even then, we were electing the likes of Dick Lamm, Roy Romer, Tim Wirth, Gary Hart and Pat Schroeder. In my 62 years, the only political observation I can make is that this state goes its own way. And it's anyone's guess.

Old 10-03-2017, 08:20 PM

5,312 posts, read 7,140,000 times
I think when you think back to the 60s and 70s, people crossed the aisle and compromised more and were more likely to vote for someone of the other party. Politicians themselves worked together more with the other side to get work done. I do wish we could get that back. This very short video illustrates the shift pretty well -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEczkhfLwqM

Old 10-03-2017, 09:51 PM

14,463 posts, read 22,294,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoreau424 View Post
Moving mostly due to political reasons? Seems weird. You're going to find all types basically everywhere. What if 90% of the town is somehow right-wing, but you end up moving next to someone of the opposite end? Seems a bit childish. There are other factors that are smarter to focus on in choosing a place to live...
Well, you may think so but it's their thread.

To the OP, Pueblo West is a fairly conservative town which is adjacent to a notoriously spongy kind of liberal town known as Pueblo.

I am shocked and thrilled to report that Pueblo County as a whole went red this last election. I think this was due to awesome voter turnout in the county and horrible turnout within the Pueblo city limits.

Anyhow, Pueblo County District 70 schools is a diamond in the rough with Pueblo West, Rye and Pueblo County holding their own. Now Pueblo's District 60 schools? I'll let you google that for yourself.

These places are within an hour to 1.5 hours to Colorado Springs airport.

Old 10-04-2017, 09:05 AM

536 posts, read 249,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
... These places are within an hour to 1.5 hours to Colorado Springs airport.
YES; it is called Denver!
conservative or liberal are just labels. Be accepting and pay your taxes citizen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or