U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 11-08-2017, 02:08 PM
 
7,335 posts, read 16,590,164 times
Reputation: 4567

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
LoveBoating, is this the post, where I made Loveland sound like LA or Denver? I don't see it I'm sorry. Rereading what I wrote, I think it's a good, concise summary of Larimer County
When you talked about how “accepting” tattoo’s, body piercings and colored hair are, YES, that does sound like Los Angeles, Denver or big cities like them. I know what Los Angeles and Denver are like, I’ve worked in both, but, thank God, didn’t live in either.

I’ve stated this already, but will do again.....compared to our 850k population, and 1.5 million total area population, Loveland pretty much has no one living there. Get what I mean? There are some 75k + population in Loveland, compared to 850k + here. Huge population difference!

Is Loveland for us or the OP? We plan on finding out next summer for a visit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-08-2017, 02:16 PM
 
4,657 posts, read 1,326,609 times
Reputation: 2919
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveBoating View Post
When you talked about how “accepting” tattoo’s, body piercings and colored hair are, YES, that does sound like Los Angeles, Denver or big cities like them. I know what Los Angeles and Denver are like, I’ve worked in both, but, thank God, didn’t live in either.

I’ve stated this already, but will do again.....compared to our 850k population, and 1.5 million total area population, Loveland pretty much has no one living there. Get what I mean? There are some 75k + population in Loveland, compared to 850k + here. Huge population difference!

Is Loveland for us or the OP? We plan on finding out next summer for a visit.
I don't like big cities either, I have lived in Los Angeles and Seoul, Korea. I have also lived in towns as small as 400 people and find Loveland a good middle ground.

Yes, compared to your area in Florida, Loveland will be a nice break, I would think. I would say Loveland is for both you and the OP. As StealthRabbit stated, one will find piercings and such anywhere in Colorado, large cities and small towns alike and people, generally being live and let live minded don't care about it for the most part one way or the other.

The best thing about Colorado - I know you had said you lived in CO before, is that people really mind their own business and are tolerant. Loveland, for example, being politically centrist with a good mix of liberals, moderates and conservatives isn't the type of place, such as Boulder, where the left has taken over, or a place where conservatives have taken over. This mix brings acceptance, again as StealthRabbit alluded to, whereby people mix and get along well with one another.

I would think you will love Larimer County, as would someone like the OP.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-08-2017, 02:27 PM
 
7,335 posts, read 16,590,164 times
Reputation: 4567
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
I don't like big cities either, I have lived in Los Angeles and Seoul, Korea. I have also lived in towns as small as 400 people and find Loveland a good middle ground.

Yes, compared to your area in Florida, Loveland will be a nice break, I would think. I would say Loveland is for both you and the OP. As StealthRabbit stated, one will find piercings and such anywhere in Colorado, large cities and small towns alike and people, generally being live and let live minded don't care about it for the most part one way or the other.

The best thing about Colorado - I know you had said you lived in CO before, is that people really mind their own business and are tolerant. Loveland, for example, being politically centrist with a good mix of liberals, moderates and conservatives isn't the type of place, such as Boulder, where the left has taken over, or a place where conservatives have taken over. This mix brings acceptance, again as StealthRabbit alluded to, whereby people mix and get along well with one another.

I would think you will love Larimer County, as would someone like the OP.
Small towns are nice and wife and I aren’t the type that would say or think “mind your own business”.

Anyway, thanks for your reply here.

A visit will tell us “yes” or “no” to Loveland and the area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-08-2017, 02:32 PM
 
4,657 posts, read 1,326,609 times
Reputation: 2919
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveBoating View Post
Small towns are nice and wife and I aren’t the type that would say or think “mind your own business”.

Anyway, thanks for your reply here.

A visit will tell us “yes” or “no” to Loveland and the area.
Sometimes, the more Western live and let live environment can come off as 'rude' or 'unfriendly' to people used to a southern or Midwestern vibe, but I like my privacy, so I've come to enjoy it.

I appreciate these discussions, so no problem! Have you been to Loveland before?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-08-2017, 05:05 PM
 
7,335 posts, read 16,590,164 times
Reputation: 4567
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
Sometimes, the more Western live and let live environment can come off as 'rude' or 'unfriendly' to people used to a southern or Midwestern vibe, but I like my privacy, so I've come to enjoy it.

I appreciate these discussions, so no problem! Have you been to Loveland before?
Yes, we’ve been to Loveland for the County Fair back in 2007. We’ve also been to the Bud Plant and Centennial Livestock Auction by Ft Collins and to Horsetooth Lake. Had a great time in all three places. Also went to an Air Show that was either in Longmont or Loveland.

So, other than the freshwater fishing and boating there, what do we miss....the Elk “rut” in RMNP and the rodeo action.

And, we’ve also been to both Laramie and Cheyenne, Wyoming for rodeo’s. In my Thread, asking about Loveland, I mentioned just how much “Western” and “cowboy/cowgirl” we were. I’m sure there’s a number of folks in Loveland that aren’t like us, but that’s ok. BTW, I spent years in a rodeo arena and two different rodeo circuits.

IOW, we do miss Colorado and definitely are NOT a “big city” couple, but, like the city we live in, the salaries are nice in a big city. Actually, we keep asking each other, “how in the heck did we wind up here?”

I pretty sure the OP and us are very different in what we like and, obviously age, so, being that this is there Thread, back to their guestion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-08-2017, 07:58 PM
 
36 posts, read 88,727 times
Reputation: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCHP View Post
While Ft Collins does seem to have more vet clinics and a highly rated vet school, keep in mind that they are graduating a few thousand new vets every year , many of whom want to stay in the local market creating a very low wage base.
I am a vet tech, and CO has like 5 vet tech schools, so no matter where I go the wages for me in CO will not be close to what I make here. However, I work ER, and those pay better. Fort Collins has a much better selection of 24/7 ER clinics than COS does, and has the Vet School clinic, which weights heavily towards Fort Collins for me, especially since housing prices are not *that* much different between the two towns based on what I am seeing.

But I’m still gathering info, and in a couple of weeks will actually be out there to see the areas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-09-2017, 01:23 PM
 
1,019 posts, read 1,102,516 times
Reputation: 679
Colorado Springs
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top