U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2017, 03:23 PM

13,925 posts, read 20,122,306 times

Advertisements

Another one for $300K
https://www.zillow.com/homes/for_sal...12_rect/11_zm/

Another one for only $435K
https://www.zillow.com/homes/for_sal...12_rect/11_zm/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2017, 04:01 PM

6,893 posts, read 6,468,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davebarnes View Post
I know exactly where that $300k spot is in BV. I really like BV, but I’m curious how true the ‘we can get jobs anywhere’ statement is. The job opportunities there are very limited.

Old 11-25-2017, 10:48 PM

3,662 posts, read 3,950,041 times
RMP is nice but you have to weigh its crowds, traffic and rules vs. other beautiful spots.

Old 11-26-2017, 02:06 AM

204 posts, read 197,321 times
As soooo many others have said, getting a house + a couple acres + zoning for horses in Colorado is a tall order for $300k. Be prepared for sticker shock. You won't find many people in their 20s with that kind of land either. If you can afford land, you can expect older more established neighbors & are probably going to have to move quite a ways out.

I don't know what you do for work, but do also keep in mind that if you need high speed internet for your work, there are still a surprisingly high number of neighborhoods in mountain communities that, outside of satellite internet (provided you have a clear view), do not have reliable high speed internet (if internet at all).

Old 11-26-2017, 06:18 AM

2,072 posts, read 1,802,006 times
I'd recommend moving, renting a place, boarding the horses, and searching for a property that meets your needs. Under $300k with land will be tough to find, and once you do find it you will have to decide if it's good enough.

btw, RMNP is nice, but very crowded. Most locals visit there rarely, and instead go to one of the National Forests like Indian Peaks, James Peak, etc.

Old 11-26-2017, 06:52 AM

6,893 posts, read 6,468,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NW Crow View Post
RMP is nice but you have to weigh its crowds, traffic and rules vs. other beautiful spots.
Quote:
Originally Posted by brown_dog_us View Post

btw, RMNP is nice, but very crowded. Most locals visit there rarely, and instead go to one of the National Forests like Indian Peaks, James Peak, etc.
Good advice. We do RMNP once or twice a year. So man y other great places to explore. Especially by horseback.

Old 11-26-2017, 01:04 PM

196 posts, read 133,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainEarth View Post
As soooo many others have said, getting a house + a couple acres + zoning for horses in Colorado is a tall order for $300k. Be prepared for sticker shock. You won't find many people in their 20s with that kind of land either. If you can afford land, you can expect older more established neighbors & are probably going to have to move quite a ways out.

I don't know what you do for work, but do also keep in mind that if you need high speed internet for your work, there are still a surprisingly high number of neighborhoods in mountain communities that, outside of satellite internet (provided you have a clear view), do not have reliable high speed internet (if internet at all).
These are both really good points.

Also note that a lot of areas that are more in the mountains might be zoned for horses, but really aren't ideal for keeping them (too steep, thick forest, no place to ride outside your couple of acres, etc.).

Depending on the number of horses you have, you may want to check with how many horses you can actually keep on the properties you look at (many counties have restrictions on this depending on number of acres, and many HOAs further restrict this).

I definitely would rent and feel out some areas before buying, especially if you think you'll be able to stretch the 300k budget after securing jobs out here.

Old 11-26-2017, 11:03 PM

54 posts, read 28,451 times
Fountain/widefield area, may have something you're liking for.

Old 11-26-2017, 11:16 PM

2,560 posts, read 1,792,162 times
Wouldn't that be ironic if Pueblo turns out to be the next "hidden gem" in Colo? Some positives come to mind: sunny climate, half the snow that Denver gets, lots of land to develop, and an ample supply of good quality water (I'm guessing on this but I'm likely correct.)

I don't think it's as scenic as the Denver basin is, but I don't think it's unattractive Am I on to something?

http://www.chieftain.com/business/lo...4d16b8216.html

Last edited by DougStark; 11-26-2017 at 11:27 PM..

Old 11-26-2017, 11:33 PM

13,264 posts, read 25,414,285 times
Don't know if you're on to something, but you'll sure set Joseppie off!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or