Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2007, 07:49 AM

5,407 posts, read 7,793,123 times

Advertisements

We may possibly be relocating to the Pueblo area. I have read some comments that Pueblo itself is not too nice. Can anybody recommend best areas around Pueblo to live with school age kids and a reasonable commute? thanks for any suggestions...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2007, 08:55 AM

431 posts, read 2,793,310 times
I know many people on this forum trash Pueblo. But most of them are only repeating hear say or only what they see flying by on I25. It is true. There are some poor places in Pueblo where it is not desirable to live. But there also are some real nice places. Also there are several small towns near. Beulah, Colorado City, Pueblo West, Canon City. A great deal depends on what you like and want. Every town and city, I ever heard of have some less than desirable areas. Pueblo sits out into the plains but is an old established city that had a large steel-mill that did smell and spu(sp?) black clouds. That is all in the past. Pueblo has been cleaning that mess up for many yrs. The places I mentioned are all west or sw of Pueblo. There are some small towns that are east into the plains even more. North the towns are closer to Colorado Springs but there are a couple there too. South no towns close, I can think of.

If you can give us a better idea of what you consider a small town and what you expect to be available there. Then maybe we or I can give you a better idea.

Myself, I am not fond of cities nor the plains but if one does, then there certainly is nothing wrong with living in a great number of areas in Pueblo. I believe Pueblo may be about the lest expensive place to live and buy.

Old 11-03-2011, 08:17 PM

3 posts, read 26,833 times
we are thinking about moving to pueblo in april of next year , there is a apartment complex next to the st mary hospital ,it is a gated community, we checked them out in october of this year a littlle small but for 545,00 a month you can't go wrong ,you only pay electric , i cant think of the name of the apartment

Old 11-03-2011, 08:45 PM

17,998 posts, read 27,448,014 times
Gated apartment community? In Pueblo near St Mary Corwin? Around south Lake and Lakeview? Hmmm... Interesting.

Old 11-03-2011, 09:24 PM

289 posts, read 775,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grego65 View Post
we are thinking about moving to pueblo in april of next year , there is a apartment complex next to the st mary hospital ,it is a gated community, we checked them out in october of this year a littlle small but for 545,00 a month you can't go wrong ,you only pay electric , i cant think of the name of the apartment
The area around St. Mary Corwin (known to locals as Bessemer) is the roughest part of Pueblo. I know which complex you're talking about, but I would encourage you to stay away from that neighborhood at all cost.

Old 11-03-2011, 10:20 PM

12,262 posts, read 24,454,174 times
I agree with Durango Bound. If you are talking about the apartments I am thinking of I would never live there. There are some nice apartments on the north side in Eagle Ridge or by Park West near Highway 50 and Pueblo Blvd. There are, also, some apartments off Pueblo Blvd just south of the Walmart that you might want to look at.

Old 12-15-2014, 06:10 AM

1 posts, read 15,604 times
We are planning on moving to pueblo next spring. What are some of the better and safest neighborhoods with about 20,000-40,000 residents but still short commute. Housing between $115,000-130,000 in cost. Schools don't matter

Old 12-15-2014, 09:08 AM

3,490 posts, read 6,097,341 times
Look at Pueblo West. Pueblo is an older city and some parts are fairly run down, but it gets more of a bad rap than it really deserves. Areas like Pueblo West appear to be wonderful places to live. It has the great Colorado climate, access to a wonderful river, views (although from a distance) of beautiful mountains, and access to Pueblo for some of the other things you may want. There is no Costco in either city, but there is a Sam's in Pueblo near I-25. IMO, people that don't shop at either Sam's or Costco are massively overpaying for groceries.

There are very few properties in the 115 to 130 range, but the ones that are there are certainly nice enough to live in and be happy about it.

http://www.realtor.com/realestateand...w=1&source=web

http://www.realtor.com/realestateand...w=4&source=web

The property values were so good my wife and I contemplated living there but the health care options were not good enough for her profession.

Old 12-15-2014, 09:10 AM

12,262 posts, read 24,454,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aoverton View Post
We are planning on moving to pueblo next spring. What are some of the better and safest neighborhoods with about 20,000-40,000 residents but still short commute. Housing between $115,000-130,000 in cost. Schools don't matter
I will say the areas to avoid as that is easier. The east side and the area known as Bessemer, it is off Northern by the Interstate. Also, the area known as the west side by the state hospital.

Old 12-15-2014, 12:35 PM

17,998 posts, read 27,448,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lurtsman View Post
Look at Pueblo West. Pueblo is an older city and some parts are fairly run down, but it gets more of a bad rap than it really deserves. Areas like Pueblo West appear to be wonderful places to live. It has the great Colorado climate, access to a wonderful river, views (although from a distance) of beautiful mountains, and access to Pueblo for some of the other things you may want. There is no Costco in either city, but there is a Sam's in Pueblo near I-25. IMO, people that don't shop at either Sam's or Costco are massively overpaying for groceries.

There are very few properties in the 115 to 130 range, but the ones that are there are certainly nice enough to live in and be happy about it.

http://www.realtor.com/realestateand...w=1&source=web

http://www.realtor.com/realestateand...w=4&source=web

The property values were so good my wife and I contemplated living there but the health care options were not good enough for her profession.
This.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Let's Go Here View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josseppie View Post
I agree with Durango Bound...
Oh, well looky here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado