U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2018, 09:14 AM

16,822 posts, read 8,650,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDog77 View Post
So much hyperbole.

Ridiculous. “Almost within sight”. I’m east of Broadway and I can see the Rockies out of my bedroom window on this cloudy day.

I manage to get to the mountains nearly every weekend without much hassle. I tow a little camper all over the state in the summer and find plenty of peace and quiet. If you can’t, you’re lazy.

I get all that AND I live in a walkable neighborhood with kids running up and down the sidewalks with great restaurants and bars nearby. What’s not to like???
I really like Wash Park for all the reasons you state. I lived in Lone Tree when I lived there because it was convenient to work. I spent several years in Colorado on the Front Range, and loved every minute of it. I'd like to move back some day, but may also go to WY as it doesn't have the influx CO has, but offers a lot of the same amenities. I had an unobstructed view of the Rockies with the center point being Mt. Evans. It was breath taking. I used to hit the Elk Festival every September in Estes Park. RMNP is great too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2018, 09:25 AM

6,523 posts, read 10,191,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDog77 View Post
So much hyperbole.

Ridiculous. “Almost within sight”. I’m east of Broadway and I can see the Rockies out of my bedroom window on this cloudy day.

I manage to get to the mountains nearly every weekend without much hassle. I tow a little camper all over the state in the summer and find plenty of peace and quiet. If you can’t, you’re lazy.

I get all that AND I live in a walkable neighborhood with kids running up and down the sidewalks with great restaurants and bars nearby. What’s not to like???
He's just pissed it's not the Colorado of 40 years ago anymore. That would seem to explain why he fancies Wyoming so much - it's about 40 years behind Colorado in terms of economic diversification.

Old 01-26-2018, 09:57 AM

7,335 posts, read 16,588,328 times
Funny, I remember, back in the mid 90's, I went to Billings, Montana to look at some horses. Actually, I looked like I already lived in Montana, wearing Wrangler jeans and a Resistol cowboy hat. Stopping in Cheyenne, on the way up, some folks thought I lived there. Nope, was driving from So. California.

Anyway, I stopped at the Main Library downtown to check something out on a computer. What never crossed my mind is that my truck had California plates on it, but, on the corner of my windshield was my membership sticker with PRCA. While in the library, a person saw my truck plate and sure didn't like it. Left me a note under wiper blade: "If you plan on staying in Montana, get a Montana license plate. If not, get the hell out of our state and go back to California." I thought "opps". Well, come to find out, a Wanted murder suspect, from So California, was found at a local Weekly Motel in Billings.

One thing we make 100% sure we do, as fast as we can is.......... change our DL and vehicle plate wherever we move to.

Old 01-26-2018, 10:45 AM

12,174 posts, read 20,955,081 times
This is the trend nationally. Most people are moving to the cities.

Old 01-26-2018, 11:29 AM

571 posts, read 282,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveBoating View Post
Funny, I remember, back in the mid 90's, I went to Billings, Montana to look at some horses. Actually, I looked like I already lived in Montana, wearing Wrangler jeans and a Resistol cowboy hat. Stopping in Cheyenne, on the way up, some folks thought I lived there. Nope, was driving from So. California.

Anyway, I stopped at the Main Library downtown to check something out on a computer. What never crossed my mind is that my truck had California plates on it, but, on the corner of my windshield was my membership sticker with PRCA. While in the library, a person saw my truck plate and sure didn't like it. Left me a note under wiper blade: "If you plan on staying in Montana, get a Montana license plate. If not, get the hell out of our state and go back to California." I thought "opps". Well, come to find out, a Wanted murder suspect, from So California, was found at a local Weekly Motel in Billings.

One thing we make 100% sure we do, as fast as we can is.......... change our DL and vehicle plate wherever we move to.
The only people not getting Colorado plates seem to be Texans.

They live here and use some address back in TX. they say they live at to save money on the fees.

Unfortunately they tear up OUR roads so they should be paying Colorado DMV fees!

I'm pretty sure you have to get new plates after being here for so many months- too bad the cops don't seem to put any effort into verifying addresses on drivers licenses if people get pulled over.

Old 01-26-2018, 11:39 AM

650 posts, read 564,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveBoating View Post
"Allure of the Rockies".........that has to be more for snow skiing than anything else.
Yep! Snow Skiing. That’s it. Nothing Else to do in the mountains. Might as well go to the mall and shop. jk

Old 01-26-2018, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josseppie View Post
This is the trend nationally. Most people are moving to the cities.
True if a person has a college degree and the experience to go with it. But, for those Seniors that are in descent health and retired, or only require a part-time job, small cities and towns call to them. Especially those who grew up in a small town or were farmers or ranchers when you,

I know neither of us want to live in a big city anymore. My wife, and her family, were from a small city suburb of Detroit and I’m a former “farm boy” out of Indiana.

Old 01-26-2018, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good Red Road View Post
Yep! Snow Skiing. That’s it. Nothing Else to do in the mountains. Might as well go to the mall and shop. jk
We didn’t snow ski, but sure enjoyed going to RMNP to see the Elk “rut” and scenery. Mountain scenery and Elk “rut” sure isn’t here!

Old 01-26-2018, 12:52 PM

15,474 posts, read 17,634,375 times
I am sure that many people who move to CO put down legalized marijuana in the 'pros' column of their pros and cons list along with everything else Colorado offers, like jobs, lifestyle, change of scenery, trendiness, etc. but my guess is the vast majority of people for whom legal weed would be their primary consideration aren't moving to Colorado.

The reason being that either because they wouldn't be able to afford first and last month's rent or because their parents won't let them. The big exception would be cannabis industry entrepreneurs and the odd gutter punk or trust fund kid.

Pot is great and all that, but even its arden't fans have more practical concerns that preclude uprooting their families, quitting their jobs, finding a new job, and moving across country just because they can buy pot in a retail environment.

Old 01-26-2018, 01:23 PM

Recreational Marijuana is now legal in California, so wondering how much more So California is going to grow in poulation due to that. I mean, those that may move to So California, can do the “pot” thing and not have to think about buying a windshield ice scrapper, snow shovel or snow blower.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or