U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2018, 08:11 AM

5,321 posts, read 7,165,649 times

Advertisements

Colorado Springs area may be a good destination for you - you'd have access to your bars and restaurants and close access to mountain day trips without the Denver I-70 traffic, plus a wide variety of places to choose from. Garden of the Gods is a great destination that is entirely free, for example.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2018, 02:08 PM

815 posts, read 540,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDog77 View Post
Please tell us how big the group is and what is the estimated per night lodging budget.
we are just two people

Old 02-11-2018, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by otowi View Post
Colorado Springs area may be a good destination for you - you'd have access to your bars and restaurants and close access to mountain day trips without the Denver I-70 traffic, plus a wide variety of places to choose from. Garden of the Gods is a great destination that is entirely free, for example.
That looks to be about an hour closer. That's probably where we'll get a room.

So AirBnb vs cheap motels?

Old 02-11-2018, 02:52 PM

4,657 posts, read 1,321,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaycich View Post

That depends on your preference and budget, but I would personally do AirBnb if I found something within my price range that I liked. Another benefit of AirBnb is that you usually cook, do laundry and such if you wish to do so.

Old 02-11-2018, 04:22 PM

6,902 posts, read 6,492,373 times
Quote:

I would definitely go Airbnb vs a cheap motel.

If you are here on weekdays, I-70 mountain traffic is nonexistent. On weekends and holidays it can be brutal during peak commute times.

Denver or Boulder have the best bars, dining, nightlife. I would check some of the resort towns on Airbnb and see if you can find something within your budget.

Look at Vail, Silverthorne, Keystone, Breckenridge, Avon, Aspen, Carbondale, Snowmass, Telluride, Created Butte.

Old 02-12-2018, 03:18 PM

236 posts, read 245,311 times
The Western Slope needs a little love too.

How about Grand Junction?

You can tour Colorado National Monument and the many wineries in Palisade. Just 90 minutes southwest is Moab and the beauty of the red rocks and Canyonlands. And you can day trip up through Delta, Montrose, and over to Ridgeway to see the magnificent mountain scenery there.

"Junktown" has a nicely gentrified downtown area with some newer business hotels that might have attractive rates.

And you'll get to see plenty of our high country along I-70 driving out from Denver - figure 5 hours if the weather is benevolent.

Safe travels!

Old 02-12-2018, 09:15 PM

2 posts, read 1,490 times
I would suggest Colorado Springs area to start which includes Manitou springs, Old down town Colorado Springs, Garden of the Gods , Air Force Academy, Woodland Park and Cripple Creek Stay minimum 2 days. More north Denver, Boulder, Ft Collins and Estes Park Minimum 2 days. Google things to do in each place. Good Luck Drive Safe.

Old 02-13-2018, 04:04 PM

I wanna thank you guys for the info

To update you, I was unable to get as many days off as I wanted, so the trip has been shortened to the 1st thru the 5th. we found dirt cheap tickets to Denver, so Denver won that. Lol since the trip is so short I don't think laundry is Necessary.

Thoughts on a rental car vs a mix of uber and public transport?

Old 02-13-2018, 04:12 PM

6,522 posts, read 10,187,795 times
Quote:
I wanna thank you guys for the info

To update you, I was unable to get as many days off as I wanted, so the trip has been shortened to the 1st thru the 5th. we found dirt cheap tickets to Denver, so Denver won that. Lol since the trip is so short I don't think laundry is Necessary.

Thoughts on a rental car vs a mix of uber and public transport?
Uber vs. rental is going to depend on where all you want to go. If you're planning on staying near downtown for a vast majority of your trip then Uber will suffice, but if you're planning on heading to the burbs/foothills a lot you may want to rent a car.

Light rail will be $9 per person per day if you need full access to all the fare zones.

Old 02-13-2018, 07:44 PM

Anything remotely cheap close to downtown?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or