U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-25-2018, 06:47 PM

8 posts, read 9,691 times

Advertisements

Hello! I've moved from Appleton WI, a town of 70k, to Colorado Springs. I'm a car salesman. I like the springs, but it is bigger than I'd really like - too many accidents, horrible drivers, long lines everywhere you go. I'd like to live somewhere a little smaller, but every place seems more expensive than CO Springs. So far, I enjoyed Castle Rock, but I'm concerend about housing and if there's a good job market there. Being a car salesman, it seems there's only 1 dealership in town.

I'm looking for advice on a smaller sized town, say 100k ppl or less, that's about as affordable as CO Springs. It has to have a decent job market too. I don't mind not having movie theares, resturants, and other attractions, but I do like being near the mountains and going on various hiking trails/parks. What are some cities worth checking out?
Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2018, 07:23 PM

20,313 posts, read 37,815,914 times
Read our threads on Canon City, it's close to the outdoor stuff yet just an hour from COLO SPGS without having to travel over any mountain passes.

Parts of Pueblo might work. IIRC stay away from the east and/or an area called Bessemer. Lower cost of living, big enough to have jobs.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 02-25-2018, 07:50 PM

12,102 posts, read 20,360,320 times
If you want to keep workimg in Colorado Springs but live in a smaller cheaper city look at Pueblo West.

Old 02-26-2018, 07:13 AM

2,776 posts, read 3,464,272 times
Check out Loveland, maybe Longmont. Possibly Cheyenne or Casper WY. Rapid City SD. Billings MT.

Old 02-26-2018, 07:59 AM

379 posts, read 180,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
Read our threads on Canon City, it's close to the outdoor stuff yet just an hour from COLO SPGS without having to travel over any mountain passes.

Parts of Pueblo might work. IIRC stay away from the east and/or an area called Bessemer. Lower cost of living, big enough to have jobs.

Omg , Canon city is way out there. If you read his other thread he needs to find a good paying job in a car dealership. OP I lived in both Castle Rock and Colorado Springs , I would head north to Castle Rock or the Parker area. You will have more job opportunities up towards Denver.

Old 02-26-2018, 08:39 AM

2,670 posts, read 1,674,615 times
Definetely needs a balance between cost of living and ability to make a living.

There are plenty of places to live in CO that are less expensive, but how long of a commute are you willing to make to boost earning income? The obvious thing with car sales in CO is that you have to be in the population centers to make sales. The population density outside of the Front Range will not allow you to make $50-60k in used car sales in a place with less than 100k in population.

Old 02-26-2018, 11:36 AM

193 posts, read 114,426 times
Could you live in Castle Rock (or maybe Monument, Sedalia, Palmer Lake, or Larkspur... which will all be smaller feeling than CR which is growing pretty rapidly) and work in another suburb?

Example - if you live in Sedalia, you could easily commute to Highlands Ranch or Littleton. Or - if you live in Palmer Lake/ Monument, you could commute to the north end of CO Springs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or