U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-18-2018, 07:43 PM

208 posts, read 412,531 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDog77 View Post
What horse ****. Maybe if youíre a conservative, but the idea that there is only one definition of family values is beyond ridiculous. I have a very tight family but we donít subscribe to hateful ideologies, nor do most of the families in my neighborhood. We have lots of family values, they just arenít based on there only being a single right way to live your life or that people who donít share a narrow interpretation of an old book are going to hell.
Translation: Wyoming is full of hate. Christians suck. I am morally superior and clearly more tolerant.
Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2018, 07:46 PM

6,525 posts, read 5,834,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tool Shed View Post
Translation: Wyoming is full of hate. Christians suck. I am morally superior and clearly more tolerant.
Nah. I love Wyoming. I just take issue with someone insinuating that it’s more family friendly than Colorado because Colorado is more liberal. That’s pure crap.

I mean seriously, the state is actually losing population. I also must have missed the major airport on my many trips there.

Last edited by SkyDog77; 03-18-2018 at 08:06 PM..

Old 03-19-2018, 09:33 AM

2,668 posts, read 1,666,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoGuy View Post
Honestly though....Wyoming is more closely aligned with family values. Colorado...gets a lot of transients.

I'll also call BS and ask on what criteria do you believe Wyoming is more aligned with family values on? The Colorado I live in has plenty of close knit, multi-generational families with healthy relationships as well as a large percentage of transplanted families who love being here and now call it home. While Colorado and Wyoming both are below national averages in violent crimes impacting families, CO is several steps lower on the suicide scale than WY. Since CO has 5.6 million compared to WY's 580k, we may have more in gross numbers that are unhappy here and worse off with disintegrating families, but percentage wise we are actually better.

As far as transients, Wyoming actually has a higher percentage of these than Colorado. According to the American Community Survey done by the US Census, 48% of the Colorado born population has stayed in the state while only 42% of native born Wyoming population has stayed in their state. Sounds like percentage wise, there are more transients in WY than in CO, but again, with the sheer numbers, CO will have more. Both have large employment in energy fields. Both also have large numbers of military personnel. All of whom typically are moving through. Certainly those factors can have a huge impact on family stability, but CO's economy is a bit more diversified than WY's so we have seen less of an impact from these transient employment factors that are disruptive to stable families.

Old 03-19-2018, 10:22 AM

2,212 posts, read 4,330,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDog77 View Post
Nah. I love Wyoming. I just take issue with someone insinuating that itís more family friendly than Colorado because Colorado is more liberal. Thatís pure crap.

I mean seriously, the state is actually losing population. I also must have missed the major airport on my many trips there.
Seriously? Wyoming is losing population? I may have to put it on my list of places to escape to once Colorado has been fully Califonicated.

Old 03-19-2018, 10:24 AM

12,842 posts, read 24,468,229 times
I think being bound to rigid doctrine as fact might be very comfortable for many people- no gray areas, black-and-white. Might not be an accurate view of our messy world, but it might be comforting.

Not sure how that would make "family values" more likely, but then again, I'm told I was "raised by wolves" so likely wouldn't know a family value if it got delivered to my mailbox.

Old 03-19-2018, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoisjongalt View Post
Seriously? Wyoming is losing population? I may have to put it on my list of places to escape to once Colorado has been fully Califonicated.
Yep. Wyoming loses over 6,500 residents since start of energy bust -- largest drop since 1989 | 307 Politics | trib.com

ĎCalifornicationí has been a dog whistle for certain people in Colorado since I can remember back in the 80s. Colorado will never be California but it will continue to evolve. Evolution makes some people very uncomfortable.

Old 03-20-2018, 08:31 AM

7,046 posts, read 15,984,088 times
Wife and I loved the Front Range for the 5 1/2 years we lived in an apartment in Englewood (south) and a house in Parker. We know how much it's changed since we left in Oct 2007, but that doesn't change our minds about how much we like and miss it. Making plans to return, hopefully by middle of next year, but this time to northern Colorado.

Been up to Wyoming as well and it was nice up there, but we have interests that go hand-in-hand with Wyoming as well as with Colorado.

Even with the winters that hit the Front Range, we still think it's 100% better than any part of Florida.

Old 03-20-2018, 08:47 PM

1,311 posts, read 1,111,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emichele22 View Post
My family is looking at the possibility of moving to Colorado (we have been to several cities in Colorado over the past 3 years and love them all!)

Here is what we are looking for:
1. Excellent, small schools (biggest factor)
2. 15-20 minutes max from town amenities (Restaurants, grocery stores, target, etc)
3. Mountain views or foothill location
4. family friendly, community feel
5. close to hiking, walking trails, parks, etc.
6. Within an hour of a decent or major airport
7. 1 million budget (would like a 3000 sq ft house with a decent yard/view)

Do any towns strict you as a great fit for us? Would rather be in a smaller town/city than Denver (like a community feel).

Thanks!
What does family friendly mean to you? As a minister of the Gospel, I would say it means "friendly towards all types of families".

I lived in Colorado for a bit. Some places are more friendly than others. Towards families, and all kinds of folks.

Old 03-20-2018, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulJourn View Post
What does family friendly mean to you? As a minister of the Gospel, I would say it means "friendly towards all types of families".

I lived in Colorado for a bit. Some places are more friendly than others. Towards families, and all kinds of folks.
Love this. Thank you.

Old 04-26-2018, 01:53 PM

69,259 posts, read 79,427,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulJourn View Post

Isn't everywhere this way? Some people are naturally friendly, some not. Some people bring out the worst in others, some roll with the punches. of course there are those who have biases toward certain people. We are are all human, none of us God nor close to perfect.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or