U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-03-2018, 04:08 PM

15 posts, read 54,566 times

Advertisements

Mille Lacs or Pelican Lake for sure .
Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2018, 09:10 AM

2 posts, read 557 times
Denver suburbs of Thornton and Broomfield extend almost 20 miles along I-25 north up Denver's E-470 outer loop. Beyond that, there are smaller communities (Erie, Frederick, Firestone, Mead) set about 6-8 miles apart along I-25. I don't know much about them as far as infrastructure but they're growing fast just like most areas of CO. There are also towns to the west closer to the front range along old highway 287 (Louisville, Longmont, Berthoud) just south of Loveland. Longmont is the largest of these (larger than Loveland; smaller than Ft. Collins) and worth checking out as well. I have a good friend that just moved from Longmont after living there for a number of years and he and his wife liked it other than occasionally complaining about Boulder county taxes and politics.

Parts of Loveland and Ft. Collins are already encroaching on one another and they will someday soon seem like one seamless community.

Let me now if you have any specific questions about the Ft. Collins/Loveland area before your trip. I'd be happy to share what I know and our experiences since we've been here in Ft. Collins. I know the NOCO area pretty well geographically. I work as an engineer for a major overnight delivery company and part of what I do is to structure the routes for our couriers in the Ft. Collins, Loveland, Greeley areas as well as southern WY.

Old 06-10-2018, 11:28 AM

73 posts, read 77,847 times
Karen H

I'll give you a little tip and say explore the Arkansas Valley in Colorado. If I was you, start in Salida and work your way up the valley to Leadville. Check out the towns, the Arkansas River, the lakes, the trails. Most of all, check out the visitors centers to get an idea what the climate is like and to gather more info on the attractions to this area.

My wife and I love it here!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or