U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 11-01-2007, 09:19 AM
 
30 posts, read 97,488 times
Reputation: 17

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
If I googled "bad soccermom" my employer's internet filter would give me one of those big red "ACCESS DENIED - INAPPROPRIATE CONTENT" messages. (Then I'd go home and try again....)
lol...you crack me up Charles!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-01-2007, 11:54 AM
 
Location: Denver,Co
676 posts, read 2,538,825 times
Reputation: 156
LOL you could call them naughty soccer moms...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-01-2007, 02:25 PM
 
Location: Castle Rock, CO
260 posts, read 1,330,403 times
Reputation: 95
I'm a soccer Dad -- but I don't drive around like a manic like I envision these Soccer Moms doing. Peronsally, most of the Mom's I know and talk to at these games are very nice and very safe drivers. At least these kids are out getting exercise and staying out of the trouble. In this day and age where so many kids are obese and watch hours of TV and play hours of computer and/or video games -- I think soccer is one the few things left that is truly good and wholesome for kids to do. Plus is teaches them about teamwork and working towards goals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-01-2007, 02:29 PM
 
Location: Denver,Co
676 posts, read 2,538,825 times
Reputation: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by b.adams View Post
I'm a soccer Dad -- but I don't drive around like a manic like I envision these Soccer Moms doing. Peronsally, most of the Mom's I know and talk to at these games are very nice and very safe drivers. At least these kids are out getting exercise and staying out of the trouble. In this day and age where so many kids are obese and watch hours of TV and play hours of computer and/or video games -- I think soccer is one the few things left that is truly good and wholesome for kids to do. Plus is teaches them about teamwork and working towards goals.
I don't think you get the point
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-01-2007, 02:51 PM
 
30 posts, read 97,488 times
Reputation: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveco. View Post
I don't think you get the point
I think he DOES get the point! My point at least. He was not addressing Charles' joke. What is your point...other than bashing soccermoms and people who live in Highlands Ranch? Do you have a real reason for this negative perception or is it simply a case of judging people you do not know anything about? Just wondering...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-01-2007, 03:11 PM
 
Location: Denver,Co
676 posts, read 2,538,825 times
Reputation: 156
Im pretty sure I made my point earlier in the thread..Do I have a reson for my negativity? Yes I think the fact that in general people from that area of the metro area are generally unfriendly to outsiders. Mind you this is my personal opinion and there are several others that agree with me. Its the same type of culture that is predominant in the southern california area. I have had plenty of experience to have the perception that I do. Maybe the soccer mom generalization is just a fitting example. Do you live in that area? Or anything about it? Or have any reason to convince me otherwise? Just wondering...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-01-2007, 03:20 PM
 
30 posts, read 97,488 times
Reputation: 17
"Do you live in that area? Or anything about it? Or have any reason to convince me otherwise? Just wondering..."[/quote]

...please read my post right before Charles' "bad soccermom" joke.

I truly do not want to live in an unfriendly area...just trying to figure out if this is truly how it is or just some peoples perception.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-01-2007, 10:08 PM
 
Location: Denver,Co
676 posts, read 2,538,825 times
Reputation: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeymom08 View Post
"Do you live in that area? Or anything about it? Or have any reason to convince me otherwise? Just wondering..."
...please read my post right before Charles' "bad soccermom" joke.

I truly do not want to live in an unfriendly area...just trying to figure out if this is truly how it is or just some peoples perception.[/quote]
I understand that and I understand the need for people to be friendly. Unfortunately I am all to familiar with the other side of the coin. I grew up in an area of california that has a steriotype of being very "plastic" , not including the plastic surgery mind you, and unfortunately it fit perfectly. Where people will judge you, not by the words that come out of your mouth, but by the type of 80,000 dollar suv you drive or the type of jeans you wear or the style of your hair etc... And now when I come to denver and see this area in the southern side of the city it is a really bad flashback to that same type of attitude. Its not who you are but what you wear and what you drive. To me thats not a very friendly attitude and not the people I want to be around since half the reason I moved here was to get away from that mentality. Some people on the other hand thrive off of that or they just don't see it that way. Its really just apples and oranges.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-02-2007, 10:02 AM
 
Location: Las Flores, Orange County, CA
26,346 posts, read 82,817,106 times
Reputation: 17500
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveco. View Post
To me thats not a very friendly attitude and not the people I want to be around since half the reason I moved here was to get away from that mentality.
Just for fun....

So you would greet and interface the same way towards these two people?

http://www.sharonyorks.com/frank_6.jpg (broken link)



Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-02-2007, 08:19 PM
 
50 posts, read 178,226 times
Reputation: 26
What do you guys think of Evergreen and Allenspark, friendly places?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:19 AM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top