Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2018, 06:20 AM

8 posts, read 6,129 times

Advertisements

This is great info and we definitely am interested. I’ll start searching for jobs there today! Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2018, 08:16 AM

8,495 posts, read 8,787,669 times
In an earlier post I wanted to come on strong about shaking off commentary one may encounter for not having kids but it may have been too sharply worded. It wasn't meant as a personal criticism. It was meant as a self defense reminder to not continue the assault on yourself. I understand the pain that could be felt, by some more than others. It probably isn't wise / healthy to relive an issue and any pain about it over and over. It sounds like you know that but I guess I felt like reinforcing "trust yourself" for anyone reading and myself, on this issue or others.

As for contacting a real estate office about rentals, I am mainly repeating advice I've heard. I tend to search on my own but folks suggest checking with them because some do market rentals actively; and even if they don't, they know who does. A good agent might help a little if they think they find get a future client or just earn some visibility & goodwill. Might not work but an option.

Last edited by NW Crow; 08-16-2018 at 08:50 AM..

Old 08-16-2018, 12:01 PM

50 posts, read 29,250 times
So much of the new housing construction in Colorado is what I call "California Style"; that is, large houses on small lots, row upon row upon row. And it is like California in that most people do not know who their neighbors are. We have lived in northeast Colorado Springs for 11 years in the same house in one of these subdivisions. Everyone keeps to themselves. Sure, we wave to the neighbors and say hi when we see them, but that is about it. So if you choose to remain childless, I do not think many of your neighbors will know, and if they know, they will not care. You will not be "left out" of anything, because there is nothing to be left out of. If you buy in an older, well establish neighborhood, think big trees, it might be different, but I kind of doubt it.

Old 08-16-2018, 12:04 PM

2,478 posts, read 2,700,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gree View Post
So much of the new housing construction in Colorado is what I call "California Style"; that is, large houses on small lots, row upon row upon row. And it is like California in that most people do not know who their neighbors are. We have lived in northeast Colorado Springs for 11 years in the same house in one of these subdivisions. Everyone keeps to themselves. Sure, we wave to the neighbors and say hi when we see them, but that is about it. So if you choose to remain childless, I do not think many of your neighbors will know, and if they know, they will not care. You will not be "left out" of anything, because there is nothing to be left out of. If you buy in an older, well establish neighborhood, think big trees, it might be different, but I kind of doubt it.
Neighborhoods are what you make them. We had Friday night pot luck dinners, wine clubs, book clubs, we went out to dinner with our neighbors. Not all Colorado neighborhoods are as cold as yours sounds. Shake it up a bit. Make it happen. We are childless as well. Never was an issue.

Old 08-16-2018, 12:49 PM

46 posts, read 44,265 times
Does Grand Junction tend to be more politically and socially conservative than other areas of Colorado?

Old 08-16-2018, 01:31 PM

26,212 posts, read 49,038,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmcass View Post
Does Grand Junction tend to be more politically and socially conservative than other areas of Colorado?
You'll get opinions from our regulars but for objectivity just google-up election stats to see how GJ voted in past presidential elections.

My best guess is conservative.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 08-16-2018, 01:33 PM

8,605 posts, read 14,888,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmcass View Post
With the notable exception of the resort towns/counties (Aspen/Pitkin, Steamboat/Routt, etc), the Western Slope is pretty much crimson red. Mesa County went to Trump 64.3% to 28%.

https://www.politico.com/2016-electi...dent/colorado/

Old 08-16-2018, 01:39 PM

8,495 posts, read 8,787,669 times
Self identified "religious" rate is said to be similar to rest of state (around 40%) and lower than national average (around 50%).

Most would probably say it is more socially conservative than the front range but the difference between what people say they believe & how they vote may be greater than the differences of how people live.

Last edited by NW Crow; 08-16-2018 at 02:12 PM..

Old 08-16-2018, 01:43 PM

11,090 posts, read 7,154,662 times
If this map is true, one can see quite a bit of red. One might even say it dominates the state, though not in the most populous areas (other than COS, I guess).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:C...sults_2016.svg

Old 08-16-2018, 02:22 PM

6,823 posts, read 10,518,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoreau424 View Post
If this map is true, one can see quite a bit of red. One might even say it dominates the state, though not in the most populous areas (other than COS, I guess).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:C...sults_2016.svg
Yeah it dominates in terms of area but not in terms of number - the state is much more blue than shown here if you go by each vote individually rather than by county sums. Even though COS is red, 40% blue of 750,000 is a lot of blue. And although some of those very blue counties are small, they also contain many more people than nearly all of the red ones put together, in some cases.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado