Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2018, 10:01 AM

2,175 posts, read 4,296,679 times

Advertisements

Just back from my morning bike ride. Another first:

On Wadsworth, I saw a guy make a U-turn while the light was red. No wonder they call this the wild west!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2018, 12:17 PM

686 posts, read 2,436,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryK123 View Post

On Wadsworth, I saw a guy make a U-turn while the light was red. No wonder they call this the wild west!

I have seen this quite a few times, here and other cities.

Old 08-25-2018, 12:29 PM

26,208 posts, read 49,017,880 times
Quote:

I sometimes make a u-turn in the middle of a block and of course I check carefully for traffic.

For sheer wild west driving nothing beats the free-for-all on freeways in the Dallas - Fort Worth area.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 08-25-2018, 04:41 PM

13,827 posts, read 29,925,995 times
Earlier this afternoon, I-70 westbound at Colorado.

Somebody exited Colorado from the middle lane.

Old 08-28-2018, 05:49 PM

371 posts, read 361,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCHP View Post
I thought you could tell us by the lack of turn signal use.

There's that signal thing again.

My daughter just completed driver's school and got her license a couple months ago. They were teaching that you do not pull into the intersection unless you either have a green arrow or a clear passage to complete the turn left. They did not endorse entering the intersection and sitting, although that has long been a tactic to ensure you get through because of the way the law requires oncoming traffic to yield to whoever holds the intersection.
I was taught, long ago and far away, that nosing into an intersection, getting trapped there, and turning as soon as oncoming traffic passes by is OK for left turns at intersections that do not have left turn arrows. This is the only way to make the turn at times of continuous traffic. But the same tactic becomes illegal and unsafe when you do it at larger intersections that do have a left turn arrow, which gives you a safe and sure way to turn left, if you'll just wait a %#*& minute!

Every day in Denver, you can see two or three late-left-turners doing an "excuse me" turn after the red light. It may not be the most dangerous form of red-light running, but it's a dick move that delays the progress of dozens of drivers in the through lane, who have waited their turn.

Old 08-28-2018, 10:37 PM

9,963 posts, read 18,493,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheatridger View Post

Every day in Denver, you can see two or three late-left-turners doing an "excuse me" turn after the red light. It may not be the most dangerous form of red-light running, but it's a dick move that delays the progress of dozens of drivers in the through lane, who have waited their turn.
100% every day occurrence

Old 08-30-2018, 02:56 PM

172 posts, read 107,805 times
Quote:
While I was out biking yesterday morning, I saw 3 cars, all at different intersections, make a left turn on red. No green arrow. 2-way streets. What's up with that?
I wouldn't worry about it. I gun it when the light turns green and I have been awarded three new cars in the last five years.

Just don't worry about it as you will have no fault.

Old 08-30-2018, 03:10 PM

2,325 posts, read 5,507,013 times
For the love of God if you have a GREEN LIGHT, pull into the intersection and wait for either an opening in the cross traffic or the light to change and then turn left. People in Colorado are terrified of left turns. I can't tell you how many times almost every day, I have to sit through another entire cycle of lights because some idiot will only turn if there is an arrow. I've literally had to back up and go around them to turn left when there was zero oncoming traffic. Is this something they taught back in the '70's in Driver's Ed?

Old 08-31-2018, 11:21 AM

204 posts, read 201,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Count David View Post
Earlier this afternoon, I-70 westbound at Colorado.

Somebody exited Colorado from the middle lane.

Wait until they start stopping in that middle lane because they cannot get over to exit, but refuse to pass it and turn around at the next exit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
View detailed profiles of: