U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-10-2018, 07:00 PM

12,842 posts, read 24,468,229 times

Advertisements

Thank you so much, Jim!
Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2018, 06:14 AM

758 posts, read 1,942,218 times
Brightdoglover, I used to follow your posts in Massachusetts. How do you like Colorado? I had to move to Florida to help my parents, and am thinking seriously about moving to northern Mass. Are you glad to have left Mass.? Thanks.

Old 09-14-2018, 07:08 AM

I will pm you,OK?

Old 10-06-2018, 10:12 AM

7 posts, read 12,234 times
Hi, can I jump into this conversation? I'm trying to get a CO RN license, too. I'm currently in IL and plan to move within the next few months (hopefully) to be closer to our daughter.

I've started the process on the DORA website and it seems that the hardest part is getting the fingerprints, since I'm out of state. All of the places in IL that do digital scans only do them for IL. I finally contacted Identogo, which is the company that takes care of this for DORA. They confirmed that there are very limited places that can do this. They also recommended not using the fingerprint cards, because there is a 4-6 week turnaround and quite often the prints are rejected at that point. So then they have to be redone and there is another 4-6 week turnaround!

They recommended going to CO, if possible. Luckily, we will be there in Nov. and I am making an appointment for then. I've also gone to the Nursys website to have my IL license verified.

I wish this process was not so time consuming! I'm ready to get this show on the road, as I see many job opportunities that I cannot apply for yet.

If anyone has any opinions on hospitals or systems to work for, I'd be glad to hear those. Feel free to PM me, if you want. Daughter works for the VA and is encouraging me to apply there, but I've worked L & D and now Clinical Education for years, so that may be a very big change.
Thanks!

Old 10-06-2018, 11:42 AM

I got my fingerprints done locally (local police), got the cashier's check and mailed it in. Got it back two weeks later with all sorts of corrections as to how the fingerprints weren't correct. Have to get to another municipality to get it done again (and documented) and another cashier's check and try again. That doesn't include what I hear is a tortuous process to be verified in Mass. via some company in Tennessee.

I am considering letting the whole thing go. There is no work where I am and could be years before anything shows up (new Telluride Medical Center that still doesn't have an approved site). I don't have to work but thought it would be a good idea on top of my fixed income, but am feeling quite annoyed at this process. My Mass. license is good until 4/20 and I will of course keep it current.

Old 10-08-2018, 11:05 AM

7 posts, read 12,234 times
Brightdoglover, I understand. I worry about repeating my prints more than once. I hate waiting a few more weeks to get them done, but it may save time and frustration in the long run. I can’t throw in the towel for at least 10-12 more years! Unless we win the lottery... ��

Old 10-08-2018, 11:46 AM

I am also recognizing the extreme stress that my years of night and psychiatric work brought me (not good at recognizing stress, just suck it up) and am finding it hard to imagine that I'd want to use my license, as I'm 65 and retired. It's really a financial backup, even though there is no work where I'm living now. I had hoped to get a shift a week or so in psych/detox but the new Telluride Medical Center never materialized. It really would have been to be in "my environment" again.

I guess I should get revved up to do the fingerprints again. Then there's the Mass. verification effort, which I hear is rather disorganized. Have I thrown in the towel, at least in Colorado? No intention of ever going back to MA.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or