U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2007, 03:41 PM

35 posts, read 139,731 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by samssf View Post
Should should be able to do all the things you mention in Denver, actually. We have a few different events throughout the year, concerts, car shows, etc. Clubs with attractive women. We're actually #1 in Forbes list for best cities to live for singles in 2006.

From what I've learned about Atlanta, Denver and Atlanta seem very similar, except Atlanta might have a little more nightlife and is more cultural than Denver. But Denver has less crime and traffic problems, is laid back, and is good for singles (supposedly).

The only reason I'd move to Atlanta over Denver is because I've been here all my life, and so snow, mountains, and Denver clubs are an old thing. I've "been there and done that". I love change.

But if I had never lived in Atlanta and never lived in Denver, I think I'd choose Denver over Atlanta. You could live here for 3 - 5 years and move when you got tired of it.

If you buy a place up here, definitely buy a loft downtown if you can afford it. It can be expensive (300,000k at least) but it will appreciate the most. And make sure you get a good deal. The housing market in Denver right now is a buyer's market, which means lots of people are anxious to sell but not getting any offers.

I live 20 minutes from downtown.... but if I lived in downtown I think I'd have more fun and get to go to more events and see more artsy stuff.

Good luck.
Sorry I havent been on here as of late I didn't realize I was still getting messages,lol.... You have given me something to think about I am going to have to see if denver is for me. Ahh decisions decisions
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2007, 03:47 PM

35 posts, read 139,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coltoncity View Post
If heat is a major issue watch out for Georgia ... it is hot and steamy but the one time i went there it was also very fun. I would still take the chance on being tight on the $ and hit Florida first though. Just try it out. Is your hesitation about buying a house, that is what Im assuming. Honestly, When I had no kids and wanted to leave Florida and go to Southern California I just packed up, took my saved money and went. Had some poor days but oh man was it fun! Do what you want ... rent and let go, have a good time then worry about settling into a home. Cant take $ w/ you but youll always smile at the memories. I PROMISE.
Thanks for your advice but I am not that young nor that adventuresome to be renting somewhere (makes me feel dirty feel like I am being pimped). I know I can't take the money with me but while I'm here I don't wanna live like I don't have no cents ahem since,(no pun intended,lol.).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
View detailed profiles of: