Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2019, 04:17 AM

7,827 posts, read 3,381,194 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coast 2 Coast View Post
Ah... sounds wonderful. Where do you live might I ask ?
We are in Loveland, but the climate and lack of bugs is common all through the Front Range urban corridor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2019, 10:13 AM

84 posts, read 87,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
We are in Loveland, but the climate and lack of bugs is common all through the Front Range urban corridor.

Right on. Music to my ears.

Old 11-20-2019, 02:17 PM

Update...

I spent 4 days in the Denver area last week and checked out as much as I could. I came away with the unexpected desire to relocate to Boulder. Looks like I'll just have to make some more money.

Many thanks to the nice people who have chimed in here to lend their advice.

Old 11-20-2019, 03:35 PM

26,212 posts, read 49,038,592 times
Boulder is delightful in many ways but IIRC a decent home there is $1M or so.

Since you can work from home look at COLO SPGS. With your budget of $500k-$600k you'll get a nice home. I'm biased to the far north side of the town, along exits 151 and 153 of I-25, across from the USAF stadium. Do a google drive by of Pine Creek, North Fork, Cordera and nearby areas. I lived up there for 11 years. It puts you a max of 90 minutes from downtown Denver or the Denver airport. COLO SPGS has its own airport too. Good climate, few bugs, etc. Plenty of trails. Decent access to mountains without the I-70 traffic mess. Excellent schools in multiple districts, such as D20 on the north side. Summers are cooler than Denver. Spend a few hours searching our threads on COLO SPGS.

Here are a few examples from that area, zip code 80920 (Pine Creek). Also do a zillow search on zip 80924 (Cordera):

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/2...13567024_zpid/

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/8...13560235_zpid/

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/9...13559119_zpid/

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/9...13559269_zpid/

I always recommend getting at least a mile away from I-25 to avoid noise.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 11-20-2019, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
Boulder is delightful in many ways but IIRC a decent home there is $1M or so.

Since you can work from home look at COLO SPGS. With your budget of $500k-$600k you'll get a nice home. I'm biased to the far north side of the town, along exits 151 and 153 of I-25, across from the USAF stadium. Do a google drive by of Pine Creek, North Fork, Cordera and nearby areas. I lived up there for 11 years. It puts you a max of 90 minutes from downtown Denver or the Denver airport. COLO SPGS has its own airport too. Good climate, few bugs, etc. Plenty of trails. Decent access to mountains without the I-70 traffic mess. Excellent schools in multiple districts, such as D20 on the north side. Summers are cooler than Denver. Spend a few hours searching our threads on COLO SPGS.

Here are a few examples from that area, zip code 80920 (Pine Creek). Also do a zillow search on zip 80924 (Cordera):

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/2...13567024_zpid/

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/8...13560235_zpid/

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/9...13559119_zpid/

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/9...13559269_zpid/

I always recommend getting at least a mile away from I-25 to avoid noise.

Thanks Mike. I appreciate it. CS is something I may still look at, but there are a few things that have changed. I have some business ideas after visiting Boulder that make sense there and our plan is to rent for a while first. Homes are expensive for sure. There are however, some homes in the area that are in the 750-800k range, so it may be doable.

Old 11-21-2019, 03:37 PM

6,752 posts, read 5,054,508 times
Quote:
Update...

I spent 4 days in the Denver area last week and checked out as much as I could. I came away with the unexpected desire to relocate to Boulder. Looks like I'll just have to make some more money.

Many thanks to the nice people who have chimed in here to lend their advice.

Good luck on the move. Renting first seems sensible. Then if you find the housing situation too challenging you can always opt for the Louisville/Superior area, staying within the same school district and still with easy access to Boulder County trails and open space.

Old 11-21-2019, 05:53 PM

[quote=hikernut;56694453]Good luck on the move. Renting first seems sensible. Then if you find the housing situation too challenging you can always opt for the Louisville/Superior area, staying within the same school district and still with easy access to Boulder County trails and open space.[/QUOTE

That's a good point hikernut. Thanks.

Old 11-21-2019, 06:08 PM

11,097 posts, read 7,154,662 times
Quote:
My family and I currently live in Durham, NC. After 10 years of living together in Los Angeles and the birth of our daughter, we made the move to Durham
Keep in mind that CO differs culturally from that of the west coast and east coast. It's it's own sort of midwest/PNW-ish combination. Some love it, others never end up connecting with it. But that's something you won't pick up in a short visit. Also, some folks find that they really miss the coasts once they're so far from them. Just a couple things to keep in mind.

Last edited by Thoreau424; 11-21-2019 at 06:18 PM..

Old 11-21-2019, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoreau424 View Post
Keep in mind that CO differs culturally from that of the west coast and east coast. It's it's own sort of midwest/PNW-ish combination. Some love it, others never end up connecting with it. But that's something you won't pick up in a short visit. Also, some folks find that they really miss the coasts once they're so far from them. Just a couple things to keep in mind.

No doubt. I've lived in NY, LA, rural Kentucky and Durham. They all have their own set of cultural nuances, and not so subtle cultural differences. I'm used to adjusting to different places. One thing I won't have to adjust to is the mountains. They feel like home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado