U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2018, 07:14 AM

3,035 posts, read 2,040,200 times

Advertisements

That's a dramatic turn around from your previous posts praising Pueblo as a nice little city that reminds you of your previous home in New York.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2018, 09:21 AM

866 posts, read 467,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terra_lioness View Post
Pueblo is the cheapest route in terms of rent but its also one big ghetto except for Pueblo West. Its predominantly Mexican and Pueblo West is mostly white.
Crime is extremely high and corruption has touched every industry including st Marys Hospital which they just closed down.
There is only 1 hospital now.
The children only go to school 4 days a week in some areas because of budget cuts.
Its a small city and people gossip a lot because theres nothing else to do there.
Even if you lived in Pueblo west, you would still have to deal with Pueblo in some regard....
Do you live there? You’re listed as being in SoCal.

Old 10-14-2018, 12:00 PM

39 posts, read 42,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCHP View Post
That's a dramatic turn around from your previous posts praising Pueblo as a nice little city that reminds you of your previous home in New York.
Yes, it is a dramatic turnaround. I lived in pueblo west and never ventured into the city. Its a ****hole that needs serious work on itself and I dont care if you dont like my opinion.
Let the breadcrumbs of my experiences on this website shine a light for those people looking for TRUTH. I encourage everyone reading my words to see what I mean for themselves.

They are finally getting a mayor but it will take 4-5 years to see any real changes within the infrastructure. Everyone go on facebook group called Pueblo Barter and trade, just read the posts about theft and crime.

Now are you going to dispute that it has all these problems? Stop lying to people.

Old 10-14-2018, 12:09 PM

39 posts, read 42,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDog View Post
Do you live there? You’re listed as being in SoCal.
None of your damn business.

Notice that nobody is actually disputing what I said, just deflecting.

Do thorough research guys!!! I mentioned concrete facts that can be verified through the internet.

Old 10-14-2018, 01:26 PM

3,035 posts, read 2,040,200 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCHP View Post
Yes, it is a dramatic turnaround. I lived in pueblo west and never ventured into the city. Its a ****hole that needs serious work on itself and I dont care if you dont like my opinion.
Let the breadcrumbs of my experiences on this website shine a light for those people looking for TRUTH. I encourage everyone reading my words to see what I mean for themselves.

They are finally getting a mayor but it will take 4-5 years to see any real changes within the infrastructure. Everyone go on facebook group called Pueblo Barter and trade, just read the posts about theft and crime.

Now are you going to dispute that it has all these problems? Stop lying to people.
I never disputed your opinion and I'm not trying to lie to people. I'm simply asking you about why you have a 180* turn around from a previous post where you said, and I quote:

" I decided to relocate my family to pueblo Colorado from California 2 months ago and absolutely love it here!
We moved here sight unseen which is a huge risk but everything turned out for the best and we couldn't be happier. The people in general seem to have a very positive vibration and a desire to want to improve their city which is refreshing to see. the only thing that I'm concerned about is if I can find some kind of work here....I haven't started looking yet but Im crossing my fingers."

Followed by;

"That is what I heard as well when I was researching places in Colorado to live, but Im glad I didn't let those opinions dissuade me from coming here. It's like a baby city. There are parts that closely resemble my home city of Manhattan with small bistros, boardwalks and dive bars, parts that look suburban with tree lined blocks and nice brick homes, and other parts that are rural with farms...

There are definitely areas of Pueblo that are safe, beautiful, and quiet. I live on the north side of town and couldn't be happier. During the day, there's hardly anyone around and at night all I hear are crickets.
The roughest part of Pueblo I've seen thus far would be the lower east side of town."

So since July 2016 and now, something occurred to make you change your opinion, yet you get testy with me because I ask why the change. You accuse me of lying, yet you don't provide any substantive background for why your experience changed. You simply expect us to take your opinion as a defacto TRUTH (your words above) of what Pueblo is, despite the fact you actually now say you only lived in Pueblo West. In fact, all you have done is make racists and classist commentary on Pueblo in this thread. Perhaps the problem is actually your own.

If you really want to provide breadcrumbs of experience, then share the experience so others may form their opinions instead of simply relying on your overarching opinion of simple being a $**hole.

Old 10-15-2018, 10:20 AM

14,454 posts, read 22,267,447 times
Quote:
Pueblo is the cheapest route in terms of rent but its also one big ghetto except for Pueblo West. Its predominantly Mexican and Pueblo West is mostly white.
Crime is extremely high and corruption has touched every industry including st Marys Hospital which they just closed down.
There is only 1 hospital now.
The children only go to school 4 days a week in some areas because of budget cuts.
Its a small city and people gossip a lot because theres nothing else to do there.
Even if you lived in Pueblo west, you would still have to deal with Pueblo in some regard....
I like Pueblo West for a place to live.

I have friends and family who live throughout Pueblo County. That includes the Colorado City Rye San Isabel area, the Mesa, and Pueblo West area.

Pueblo is not one big ghetto. I've been in and around the area off and on for forty-four years. Not as glamorous as the San Fernando Valley I once lived in, where you can now see folks shooting up H right in the Griffith Park parking lot, folks getting hand guns pointed in their face due to road rage right in broad daylight right off Topanga Canyon.

Pueblo has some nice quaint areas here and there and throughout. I wouldn't hang out along Northern nor Bessemer in general nor the lower east side after dark.

But we're not the fancy expensive crowded Front Range that is Colorado Springs to Fort Collins.

If you want to move up there, then move up there. Dig your wallets out though and dig deep. Also be prepared to get a very good job and work your ass off.

Pueblo, Pueblo West, etc. isn't so pretty. We don't have a Trader Joe's nor a Bonefish Grill nor a Macy's. We go and visit those places from time to time.

Don't think you're clever by starting the first ever Bash-Pueblo-Colorado thread. We've seen them come and go.

Oh, and don't lie to me about infrastructure. At least Pueblo has one.

Go up to Colorado Springs, a town at least 6 or 7 times the size at least, and ask them about their stormwater plan, much less streets and pothole repair.

Naw, you gotta head up to Denver to see real money being spent as they tear everything down to build anew a couple of years down the road.

Old Yesterday, 04:08 PM

2 posts, read 34 times
Default Pueblo "Mexicans"

Just to clarify, Pueblo just turned into a White minority city in 2018 or 2017. The "Mexicans" you're worried about have been in this country longer than my Scandinavian ancestors. Many residents are actually Spanish, others Native Americans. I live in a nice neighborhood in town and don't worry one bit about my non-White neighbors. Most don't even speak Spanish! People are friendly, the Riverwalk is gorgeous, family ties are strong.

Old Today, 06:33 PM

14,454 posts, read 22,267,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ekstrom34 View Post
Just to clarify, Pueblo just turned into a White minority city in 2018 or 2017. The "Mexicans" you're worried about have been in this country longer than my Scandinavian ancestors. Many residents are actually Spanish, others Native Americans. I live in a nice neighborhood in town and don't worry one bit about my non-White neighbors. Most don't even speak Spanish! People are friendly, the Riverwalk is gorgeous, family ties are strong.
Thx for bumping this up and welcome to cd.

Old Today, 07:56 PM

3,040 posts, read 849,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
Thx for bumping this up and welcome to cd.
I'll bump in here too. I live in the San Luis Valley where the majority who live here are long-term Hispanic residents, and the overwhelming majority of them are great people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado