U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2018, 08:15 PM

6,524 posts, read 5,834,111 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthRabbit View Post
YMMV,
don't think so (for me), there are a LOT of great Colorado places to WAKE UP and smell the fresh air, vs sleeping through pollution / noise of a city (Denver), than waking to the 'brown-cloud' and more traffic, rather than to a pristine morning in the mtns. .

I would rather 'altitude recover' in peace and quiet and beauty, than 'endure' a metro area just long enough to escape to Colorado.. .

In Colorado for 5 only days?
See / experience Colorado. (fly into COS / GJ for an even better 'Colorado experience'). Benefit... fly in at night, and drive direct to your scenic destination. (no traffic), not burning any daylight in the city, stuck in smog and traffic..
Stealth’s perception of Denver is that it looks something like this.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2018, 08:26 PM

424 posts, read 176,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDog77 View Post
Stealth’s perception of Denver is that it looks something like this.

The rabbit has a history of pooping in threads.

Old 09-27-2018, 08:45 PM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
20,774 posts, read 37,441,293 times
Hosting a memorable, once / lifetime 5 day Honeymoon in Colorado...
(have you actually done that? been responsible for such?)

of 271 towns in CO, there are at least 270 better choices for a honeymoon destination than Denver (in my experience). YMMV

Definitely could make some memories (leading to divorce) by getting an econo room on South Colfax.

Old 09-27-2018, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthRabbit View Post
Hosting a memorable, once / lifetime 5 day Honeymoon in Colorado...

of 271 towns in CO, there are at least 270 better choices for a honeymoon destination than Denver (in my experience). YMMV

Definitely could make some memories (leading to divorce) by getting an econo room on South Colfax.
No such place as South Colfax.....Colfax runs East/West, but someone with no knowledge of Denver wouldn’t know that.

Agree that Aspen would be a much better option, but a night in Denver at a nice hotel and a fantastic restaurant is hardly worth avoiding like the plague. Especially if it means you’re going to be better acclimated and not risk ruining the rest of your trip with altitude sickness.

And yes stealth, I have planned a honeymoon.

Last edited by SkyDog77; 09-27-2018 at 09:59 PM..

Old 09-28-2018, 07:43 AM

2,668 posts, read 1,666,689 times
A night at The Brown in downtown Denver isn't a bad way to start a honeymoon vacation. Gives you a day to acclimate and has a nice atmosphere with downtown access.

Aspen and Telluride are definitely top shelf, as are their prices. Breckenridge isn't a bad suggestions. Plenty to do in Summit County,nice atmosphere, spend a couple of days there. I'd also second the suggestion for Buena Vista or Salida. Again a fair amount of mountain things to do along with rafting trips. Spend a day there, Then a day trip over into the San Luis Valley to visit the sand dunes, then I-25 to Colo Spgs, stay overnight and take in some local stuff here before heading back to DIA.

Old 09-28-2018, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCHP View Post
A night at The Brown in downtown Denver isn't a bad way to start a honeymoon vacation. Gives you a day to acclimate and has a nice atmosphere with downtown access.

Aspen and Telluride are definitely top shelf, as are their prices. Breckenridge isn't a bad suggestions. Plenty to do in Summit County,nice atmosphere, spend a couple of days there. I'd also second the suggestion for Buena Vista or Salida. Again a fair amount of mountain things to do along with rafting trips. Spend a day there, Then a day trip over into the San Luis Valley to visit the sand dunes, then I-25 to Colo Spgs, stay overnight and take in some local stuff here before heading back to DIA.
Brown is very cool, Four Seasons or the Ritz are also very nice. I think the new hotel at The Source would be a really fun first night in Colorado. Amazing restaurants and breweries abound. https://thesourcehotel.com

Old 09-28-2018, 11:42 AM

2,533 posts, read 5,816,223 times
A stay at the Crawford Hotel at Union Station could also be a great one night.

Old 09-28-2018, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzco View Post
A stay at the Crawford Hotel at Union Station could also be a great one night.
Definitely!

Old 10-01-2018, 03:07 PM

21 posts, read 10,794 times
Default Where to for our outdoorsy, spring honeymoon in CO?

My Fiance and I will be getting married in May 2019. We are going to spend 4-5 days in Colorado for our honeymoon. We will fly from Memphis and rent a car. We love fishing, hiking, white water rating, riding horses, etc (basically anything outdoorsy). In the afternoons we would love to walk downtown, shop, and enjoy a good dinner. We are always on the go so I want to make sure there are plenty of things to do. We want to get the plane, rental car, and hotel booked ASAP. What city would you recommend?

Old 10-01-2018, 03:28 PM

Any reason you abandoned your other thread?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado