U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-03-2018, 09:27 AM

2 posts, read 746 times

Advertisements

I have been reading about Colorado on city-data.com. It seems most transplant in Colorado tend to come from Upper Midwest and Upstate New York. Am not sure if this something new or historical (what I mean is if Colorado has always get is transplant from Upper Midwest and Upstate New York since it has become a state)

sorry for my English from Eastern Europe living in America.
Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2018, 09:42 AM

6,527 posts, read 5,838,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomayo View Post
I have been reading about Colorado on city-data.com. It seems most transplant in Colorado tend to come from Upper Midwest and Upstate New York. Am not sure if this something new or historical (what I mean is if Colorado has always get is transplant from Upper Midwest and Upstate New York since it has become a state)

Thatís not accurate. The largest contingent of inbound migration to Colorado is from California.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...were-born.html

Old 10-03-2018, 09:48 AM

1,690 posts, read 1,036,566 times
Quote:

I think that might be true for the people on city-data living in Colorado, but in general, it seems quite different. This article's a few years old, but it was the most recent I could pull up:

https://denverite.com/2016/11/30/col...nt-population/

I had taken a college class on Colorado history a few years ago, and it seems where people come from originally has always been a bit of a mixed bag. For example, there were a number of Mexican families living in what is now part of Colorado who were here when it was part of Mexico, so they didn't really 'move', the borders changed on them. For awhile in the mid-1800's, a lot of people were coming in from Missouri.

Nowadays, per the link above, it seems most people moving to Colorado are from outside the United States.

Old 10-03-2018, 10:08 AM

3,902 posts, read 1,474,284 times
Quote:
Not necessarily. I've reviewed state data and statistics, and the top states for incoming relocation are CA, FL, AZ, TX, and NY. The outgoing relocation essentially involves the same states. I have the files saved on my computer, but can't remember now the state site where I found them.

Old 10-03-2018, 10:24 AM

4,066 posts, read 2,055,040 times
Quote:

Wrong. Transplants come from many states. Upper Midwest and upstate New York transplants are not among those I would say are most common. CA, TX, middle midwest seem to have sent more here than those.

Old 10-03-2018, 12:12 PM

56 posts, read 31,528 times
Today is my one year anniversary as a Coloradan ... lived in Aurora, Oct - Apr then moved to Boulder.
Drove the 25 hours from Maryland, just me and ADogNamedSam, in one shot, stopping only for water, Gatorade, coffee and relief.

Anecdotally, at my apartment's dog park I have met three different clusters of folks just freshly arrived (less than two months) from Maryland as well. I know it runs counter to the statistics but I just thought it was funny and worth mentioning.

Old 10-03-2018, 07:42 PM

647 posts, read 340,571 times
I would have guessed everyone here was from Texas. Lol.

Old 10-03-2018, 08:10 PM

6,527 posts, read 5,838,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDog View Post
I would have guessed everyone here was from Texas. Lol.
According to my graph thatís #2 behind California.

Old 10-03-2018, 08:38 PM

15,527 posts, read 29,233,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDog77 View Post
Thatís not accurate. The largest contingent of inbound migration to Colorado is from California.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...were-born.html
Technically, Native Americans who were born on the reservation were NOT born in America since Native land is considered sovereign. I will assume, however, that they are are considering them "born in Colorado". There is a HUGE Native population which really skews the statistics.

Old 10-03-2018, 09:29 PM

424 posts, read 176,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
Technically, Native Americans who were born on the reservation were NOT born in America since Native land is considered sovereign. I will assume, however, that they are are considering them "born in Colorado". There is a HUGE Native population which really skews the statistics.
There are a tiny number of native Americans in Colorado.

Moderator cut: link removed, competitor site

Last edited by Yac; 10-05-2018 at 01:02 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or