U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-18-2018, 03:27 PM

2,955 posts, read 6,215,297 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LHS79 View Post
And a MAJORITY of people that own multi-million/billion dollar successful businesses do not have a college degree- they have COMMON SENSE.

Something to think about.
Source for the “majority” part?

Most, if not all, of the tech billionaires without a college degree came from privileged backgrounds and were attending Ivy Leagues/Stanford when their businesses took off.

Anyway, another poster brought up an interesting point, which is that those who move here from traditionally conservative places are likely more liberal in their leanings. I grew up in West Texas, and there, being Republican and being Evangelical were practically the same thing. I imagine those who live in a place that’s similarly irrational in their political leanings (like California cities can be) will have a tendency to be reactionarily for the other side and drawn to a more moderate place.

Old 10-18-2018, 04:32 PM

3,374 posts, read 4,553,235 times
Nothing wrong with the liberal politics. It's just the high rent and real estate prices are things there and other spots that should be keeping everyone, regardless of their political leanings, on their collective toes.

I've thought about moving up to the area myself and have even been goaded into doing so by users on here. But the cheapest places I could find for my dollar stretching aren't exactly what I'd feel comfortable in. If anything, the general, political vibe of the area seems quite mixed to me. Liberal in some spots like vehicles smogging/emissions and other environmental concerns. But still somewhat conservative when it comes to the price tag on living in some spots.

Old 10-18-2018, 05:18 PM

6,538 posts, read 5,842,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LHS79 View Post
And a MAJORITY of people that own multi-million/billion dollar successful businesses do not have a college degree- they have COMMON SENSE.

Something to think about.
Source?

Old 10-18-2018, 05:25 PM

6,155 posts, read 9,443,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDog77 View Post
Source?
https://www.infowars.com/

Tinfoil hat not included.

Old 10-18-2018, 06:35 PM

99 posts, read 23,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwiley View Post
Where were the liberals when Obama was openly trying to keep FOX news out of his press conferences and trying to shut them down?

I am a true independent, you can slam both sides for the exact same things, and those attacking the other side are just ignoring what their own parties are doing.
Nah.

https://www.mediaite.com/online/actu...with-fox-news/

And when did I ever say I supported Obama?

Old 10-18-2018, 07:19 PM

6,538 posts, read 5,842,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluescreen73 View Post
https://www.infowars.com/

Tinfoil hat not included.
Exactly

Old 10-19-2018, 07:29 AM

2,668 posts, read 1,669,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hschlick84 View Post
I agree with balancing the budget, cut spending, lowering taxes, and restructuring medicare, those are some of my conservative views. On the liberal side, we should legalize most drugs, prostitution, and gambling. A small libertarian for the most part.
In my line of reasoning, people, as well as places, can run a range from liberal to conservative on various topics. Breaking things out to political, social, and fiscal concerns can make it possible for someone to run the gamut in positions on differing topics while not toeing a party line on a broad range of subjects. IMO, this, along with some of the previously pointed out political boomerang effects of some transplants, are reasons why CO is a purple state. That approach is probably why we are the birthplace of modern political Libertarianism.

Old 10-19-2018, 08:26 AM

3,912 posts, read 1,476,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCHP View Post
... are reasons why CO is a purple state. That approach is probably why we are the birthplace of modern political Libertarianism.
But purple tends to equate to centrist / moderate thinking. Extremes - including liberatarianism - are anything but middle-of-the-road.

Old 10-19-2018, 02:34 PM

2,924 posts, read 1,710,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicWizard View Post
Agreed! It also means that they place value upon that PIECE OF PAPER, and to the value that most of society also places upon that same piece of paper. The hoodwinking/conditioning/programming/mind control is very pervasive.
since the conservatives value the military so much, why do we still keep on funding these service academies, ROTC, OCS? a private can rise from the rank to general? it all common sense

why do we still need doctors? engineers? etc

Old 10-19-2018, 11:50 PM

99 posts, read 23,272 times
Where's that guy who said the majority of people own million and billion dollar companies don't have college degrees? I can't wait to read about that. Just waiting on the source...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or