Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2018, 10:55 AM

11,477 posts, read 11,553,512 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDog View Post
Question for the group:
Are the people posting here against people from California or elsewhere moving here, the same people that welcome illegral immigrants to our country? lol
Ummm no. The vocal anti Californians are also the vocal anti immigrant people.

Old 10-20-2018, 10:58 AM

3,680 posts, read 2,964,030 times
Californians are quite famous for ruining the political climate of any place they decide to migrate, en masse', to. Perhaps we need a wall around Cali? Though it is one of my favorite states to vacation in. There are also many great Californians.

Colorado used to be more conservative. I'm currently favoring Wyoming, rural Nevada, Montana, and Idaho.

Old 10-20-2018, 10:59 AM

98 posts, read 88,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDog View Post
Question for the group:
Are the people posting here against people from California or elsewhere moving here, the same people that welcome illegral immigrants to our country? lol
I’d imagine the xenophobes who are against people moving to Colorado are against immigrants from other countries as well.

Old 10-20-2018, 11:02 AM

98 posts, read 88,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoGuy View Post
Californians are quite famous for ruining the political climate of any place they decide to migrate, en masse', to. Perhaps we need a wall around Cali? Though it is one of my favorite states to vacation in. There are also many great Californians.

Colorado used to be more conservative. I'm currently favoring Wyoming, rural Nevada, Montana, and Idaho.
It’s not just California. The entire country is embracing progression. Young people who believe in equality and have compassion for the less fortunate are now voting.

Old 10-20-2018, 12:09 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,722,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cage_50 View Post
It’s not just California. The entire country is embracing progression. Young people who believe in equality and have compassion for the less fortunate are now voting.
That's what was said about us Boomers back in the late 60s/early 70s.

Old 10-20-2018, 12:12 PM

3,961 posts, read 4,387,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoGuy View Post

Colorado was heavily Republican from 1968 to 1986, as was California, as well as most of the entire nation, ergo Nixon, Ford, Reagan, and GHW Bush. That's an entire generations worth of voters who now look back and bemoan CO become liberal when in reality, the entire nation has changed.

CO has gone Democrat about every 3-4 election cycles since it became a state except the last three, which were all went Democrat. However, it went Democrat by only 4-9 percentage points in those three cycles, so certainly not a landslide movement towards the left, but rather reflective of the larger national trend.

I hardly see that as a wholesale CA influence.

Old 10-20-2018, 12:46 PM

26,212 posts, read 49,027,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCHP View Post
.....I hardly see that as a wholesale CA influence.

Thank you. I agree there is no wholesale CA influence on CO (or any other state). IIRC most of the nation (@25 states?) passed same sex marriage laws before it finally went nationwide. Now we have @28 states with medical MJ sales and that too will go nationwide soon enough. It's coming.

Much of the nation is moving away from the rigidity of my parents generation (born 1905 and 1916), the people who went through the Great Depression and WW-2. The nation is becoming reasonable except for those left behind in their doomsday shelters still stocked with Y2K water and autographed pix of Ted Kaczynski.

As a moderator here, I get tired of the California bashing that is a regular meme. CA is the state that feeds produce and fruits to half this nation, supplies most of the wine to this nation, has provided the hardware and software that automates industry and individuals from our PCs to our cell phones, etc. Got movies? Check. Got music? Check. Got great universities? Check.

Yet some people can't resist pissing on the 8th largest economy IN THE WORLD.

What the hell are people afraid of when it comes to California? Are they afraid of success? Afraid of investing in stocks that climb to regular new highs? Are they jealous of other people's successes? These are rhetorical questions, there are no reasonable answers to blind hate and jealousy.

Thread closed.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
View detailed profiles of: