U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2018, 07:55 PM

1,375 posts, read 2,618,882 times

Advertisements

Got my ballot today. Two, thick, heavy pieces of paper (cardboard?) Which brings up an interesting issue:
After I sealed the envelope, it felt kind of heavy. I put it on my postage scale and it weighs 1.2 oz. Does that mean it requires more than a single stamp (or is there some special exemption for ballots)? On the envelope, it says "place stamp here" in the upper, right corner. It doesn't say place stamps (plural) here.

Don't know if everyone's is two pages. I'm in Jeffco and there were a bunch of local measures.

And speaking of Jeffco, I was surprised to see an election for US Representative on the ballot. I have not heard (or gotten mailers) about any candidates. Do they all feel Perlmutter is a shoe-in, so they didn't bother?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2018, 08:05 PM

20,301 posts, read 37,784,136 times
Yes, over 1 oz requires added postage.

Here in AZ our returns envelopes are postage paid.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 10-18-2018, 09:54 PM

6,521 posts, read 5,834,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryK123 View Post
Got my ballot today. Two, thick, heavy pieces of paper (cardboard?) Which brings up an interesting issue:
After I sealed the envelope, it felt kind of heavy. I put it on my postage scale and it weighs 1.2 oz. Does that mean it requires more than a single stamp (or is there some special exemption for ballots)? On the envelope, it says "place stamp here" in the upper, right corner. It doesn't say place stamps (plural) here.

Don't know if everyone's is two pages. I'm in Jeffco and there were a bunch of local measures.

And speaking of Jeffco, I was surprised to see an election for US Representative on the ballot. I have not heard (or gotten mailers) about any candidates. Do they all feel Perlmutter is a shoe-in, so they didn't bother?
Yes two stamps or drop off for free at any of the drop off locations.

The unscientific Colorado Pols “Big Line” gives Perlmutter a 98% chance of winning

https://www.coloradopols.com/the-big-line-2018

Old 10-18-2018, 10:16 PM

4,621 posts, read 9,107,160 times
Ha, ha. SkyDog77. You and I think alike!! (I'm talking about Post #10)

Old 10-19-2018, 09:15 AM

18,972 posts, read 10,032,914 times
Quote:

there is a Republican nominee - rapper endorsed, apparently.

https://denver.cbslocal.com/2018/10/...rado-dj-swiff/

I always drop my ballot off at one of the official drop off locations rather than mailing it. In part because I never have stamps around anymore but also, I figure this way there's no chance of it getting lost in the mail

JeffCo locations

https://www.jeffco.us/DocumentCenter...ons-PDF?bidId=

Old 10-19-2018, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
EMM, thanks for clarifying...for sure my memory of the exact details is getting hazy....
A lot has changed since they went to mail in balloting, so your memory is most likely accurate, but for some odd reason, you haven't followed the nuances of Colorado election law since moving out of state!

Old 10-19-2018, 09:32 AM

6,521 posts, read 5,834,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreaming of Hawaii View Post
Ha, ha. SkyDog77. You and I think alike!! (I'm talking about Post #10)

Old 10-19-2018, 11:19 AM

10,515 posts, read 11,623,635 times
Saw on my USPS notification thing my ballot will be delivered today, mail usually shows up around 3pm here.

Old 10-19-2018, 03:21 PM

1,375 posts, read 2,618,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
there is a Republican nominee - rapper endorsed, apparently.
Not being a fan of (c)rap music, this has no impact on my vote.

Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
A lot has changed since they went to mail in balloting
When did that happen? I've been here since 2009 and it's been mail since I arrived, which was a surprise to me when my first November in Colorado came around. The 3 other states I've lived in (NY, NH, and PA) all did the voting machines in the school thing. PA's election procedure surprised me at first, too, allowing campaigners to accost voters up to the point where they entered the building. In NY, they weren't allowed anywhere near the polling places.

Old 10-19-2018, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Not being a fan of (c)rap music, this has no impact on my vote.

When did that happen? I've been here since 2009 and it's been mail since I arrived, which was a surprise to me when my first November in Colorado came around. The 3 other states I've lived in (NY, NH, and PA) all did the voting machines in the school thing. PA's election procedure surprised me at first, too, allowing campaigners to accost voters up to the point where they entered the building. In NY, they weren't allowed anywhere near the polling places.
You could request a mail in ballot before, but 2014 was the first year that was the default method of voting where they automatically sent out ballots to all registered voters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or