U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2008, 05:00 PM
CWG CWG started this thread

82 posts, read 230,802 times

Advertisements

Can anyone give me an overview of living year around in Breckenridge?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2008, 07:58 PM

1,048 posts, read 3,980,433 times
Expensive. For everything else I will let others fill you in who may have leaved there.
Please note that there were similar discussions about living in/near resort towns so you may try and search for them on this forum.

Old 07-30-2008, 04:08 PM

25 posts, read 104,100 times
Default Breck Living

I live in Breck and it's by far one of the better mountain towns. If you are used to living at ski resorts then rent here is cheaper than other towns, If you are used to paying 3-500 a month in rent, then expect much higher. If you use Craigs list you can usually find quite a few decent rents and places and it's better to start out as a roommate. You'll meet a lot more people that way. Food is more expensive as well, but you can find locals deals in the papers and the City Market isn't too bad.

As for anything, living in Breck is an outdoor person's paradise. You can do tons of stuff in the summer, kayak, raft, hike, bike, horsebackriding, and there is no shortage of people wanting to drink and mingle at the end of the day. BBQ's are frequent as well. If you want to know anything more specific, let me know.

Old 10-24-2008, 09:11 AM

182 posts, read 689,206 times
Is there a problem with the wind there as I heard that it blows alot there?

Old 10-25-2008, 10:47 AM

9,830 posts, read 19,525,426 times
Breck is much colder than Copper Mt or Vail as the big valley Breck sits in opens to the north past Silverthorne and it seems to the cold just rushes in there from the north and sits. I find Breck often 15-20 degrees colder than Vail or Beaver Creek. The other thing is that Breck is at 9600 feet which is a little too high.

Old 10-25-2008, 04:36 PM

25 posts, read 104,100 times
Yeah its windy, but just dress in layers and dress warmly. The skiing is windier as well, but you tend to get used to it after a while. I wouldnt say the wind is a problem, it just blows more, haha. And the whole reason Breck is as sweet as it is, is because it is "too" high.

Old 10-25-2008, 09:36 PM

8,317 posts, read 25,777,680 times
Breckenridge also sits in the middle of one of the largest tracts of lodgepole pine forest in Colorado--and most all foresters now predict that most lodgepoles in Colorado will be dead from the pine beetle infestation within 5 years. So, expect the area to look a lot different in just a few years--that's assuming the trees just die and sit there, rather than catching on fire. If the latter happens--well, the town itself might just look a lot different, too . . .

Old 10-26-2008, 12:15 PM

1,331 posts, read 4,517,914 times
I've been there twice in the last month. I LOVE it there!!
I took my mom and sis there last Sunday and (they are from Florida) did just fine!!
The town has tons of real estate for sale pics in the windows. Prices have dropped dramtically/sp?.
It's such a Norman Rockwell sort of town during Christmas. Fun too!!
If I could live there, I would! Or Dillon/Frisco.

Old 10-28-2008, 07:50 AM

51 posts, read 213,965 times
Why do you specifically want to live in Breck full time? If you want a really great mountain town that won't be as expensive, why not try Buena Vista or Salida? Both are pretty spectacular and you can enjoy all the Rockies have to offer without the expense.

"what about skiing?" I can hear you say.

True, you would have to drive to any resorts and if you lived in Breck, you would be right there.

Old 11-02-2008, 05:41 PM

535 posts, read 1,392,407 times
Mid-winter brek usually starts exceeding the national ambient air quality standards for carbon monoxide, its not romantic unless something is burning right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado