Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2008, 10:20 AM
tao tao started this thread

721 posts, read 3,188,545 times

Advertisements

Anyone here who is a Broomfield resident may have heard about the fire earlier this week that burned down an entire house - that house was our friends' house. They have 3 kids, lots of pets, and a roomate. The three adults, three kids and most of the pets made it out alive but unfortunately two of their pets died. The fire was an electrical fire - so it wasn't their fault in any way, just a terrible tragedy that has destroyed their lives as they knew out. They lost not only two beloved pets but also everything they own - and worst of all, they lost all sacred memorabilia - wedding photos, wedding certificate, baby pics, etc.

This family, our friends, now have nothing. Their renter's insurance had lapsed (it had just lapsed and they didn't know it) so they have nothing and now have no means to get the bare necessities such as food, clothes, etc. let alone furniture. Luckily they are getting some help from the Red Cross and the government to help pay for the first months rent and deposit on a new rental.

If anyone knows of a 5 bedroom house that allows pets for about 1500-1700 a month for rent in Broomfield, please DM me. We've already looked on Craig's list and the newspaper listings, etc. I'm asking if anyone here knows of a 5 bedroom/pets allowed house that's available for rent that may not have been advertised yet.

Thanks in advance,
tao
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2008, 10:47 AM

835 posts, read 2,855,761 times
sorry to here that tao wish i could help in some way if there is anything i can do to help let me know donations ect.

Old 11-09-2018, 03:57 AM

3,576 posts, read 2,194,222 times
Get a realtor its no cost to them, they will know of places that haven't even been listed yet. We just had our house burn down too. I am so sorry for your friends loss. Also contact churches in your area many will have gift cards, food or clothes that can help.

Old 11-09-2018, 10:24 AM

5,118 posts, read 3,412,022 times
10-year old thread...

Old 11-09-2018, 12:09 PM

1,190 posts, read 1,194,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorges View Post
10-year old thread...
Just noticed that too- probably a scam

Old 11-09-2018, 05:02 PM

13,237 posts, read 7,280,089 times
I don't get why CD doesn't automatically close old threads like this

Old 11-10-2018, 06:59 AM

6,813 posts, read 10,510,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
For a few reasons, one probably being that there is no 'automatic' about it - it would involve someone doing it manually, one at a time. I think a lot of the moderators are volunteers(?) so that is probably not high on their priority list, I'm guessing.

Two, there is a desire/effort by moderators to not have a new thread all the time when discussion of a topic comes up again. They like to see old threads continued rather than have 10 or 20 different threads on the same topic - it makes it easier for people to search City-Data forums for information they want if there are fewer threads and if topics that are similar are contained together. This is why you also see moderators merging threads from time to time.

I agree this particular thread topic is unlikely to come up again, though, but that kind of thing can also be hard to predict accurately.

Old 11-10-2018, 08:11 AM

I can tell you this forum software vBulletin you can make it automatic, and there is no reason a thread that is 5 years old ever needs to be brought back.

Old 11-10-2018, 10:39 AM

26,206 posts, read 49,012,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
The site owner doesn't want to.

Some old threads are good indefinitely; I often merge new ones into old ones if I think the continuity is worth it which allows us to keep a lot of good info condensed into just one thread that's of high value to readers.

Over the past 12 years I've closed and deleted hundreds of older threads that got no answers or were trivially short.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 11-11-2018, 06:41 AM

It shouldn't have to be the work of a moderator should be automatically done. The site owner is wrong in their thinking it creates a site with clutter. There is a lot of other threads should be closed too. Any thread doesn't get a response in a few weeks should be closed automatically also.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado