U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Today, 11:23 AM

13,240 posts, read 18,901,396 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vision67 View Post
One thing that Colorado gets right is the mail in ballots.
I heartily agree. Even though I don't mail mine in as I drop ii in the big steel box at the park.
Shortest queue possible. No worries about inclement weather.
Plenty of time to peruse the ballot.
Vote totals arrive quickly with none of this California trickle nonsense.

Three states (Oregon, Washington and Colorado) have demonstrated over a multi-year period that it works very well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 01:09 PM

491 posts, read 203,691 times
Anybody catch the interview with Jason Crow on Colorado Public Radio today? Curious to hear comments.

Old Today, 01:13 PM

6,686 posts, read 5,948,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by COcheesehead View Post
Anybody catch the interview with Jason Crow on Colorado Public Radio today? Curious to hear comments.
I did not. Thoughts?

Old Today, 01:19 PM

3,877 posts, read 1,508,394 times
Quote:

That makes it much easier and convenient for the voters. When I observe the voting chaos in other states, particularly Florida, I'm glad we do the mail in system.

The other states could fix their systems by copying ours...if they wanted to do it.
Voter suppression is as American as apple pie. The vested conservative interests in alot of those states love low voter turnout it keeps them in power.

Old Today, 02:22 PM

491 posts, read 203,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDog77 View Post
I did not. Thoughts?
Ryan Warner, who is a great interviewer BTW, asked him about a number of topics:
freshman orientation, getting climate change legislation passed, supporting Pelosi. All good stuff, but the interesting moment came when asked about the contributions he got from the Brownstein Hyatt law firm, who represents the Saudi government in the US. Jason danced all over the question. Ryan called him on it.

After watching his commercials over the last two months about his oath to not embarrass our country, I thought it was interesting. A liberal news outlet, interviewing a liberal and then spanking him for not answering the question. Maybe there is a glimmer of hope for media in this country.

Old Today, 02:27 PM

85,125 posts, read 99,277,101 times
Quote:

That makes it much easier and convenient for the voters. When I observe the voting chaos in other states, particularly Florida, I'm glad we do the mail in system.

The other states could fix their systems by copying ours...if they wanted to do it.
Agreed!

Old Today, 02:47 PM

19,203 posts, read 10,234,148 times
I disagree very strongly with letting Independent voters vote in primaries. You SHOULD be loyal to a party to determine which candidate is going to represent that party. Independents have their say in the general election.

But other than that, I think Colorado does a far better job than most states when it comes to elections.

Old Today, 05:21 PM

13,240 posts, read 18,901,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
I disagree very strongly with letting Independent voters vote in primaries. You SHOULD be loyal to a party to determine which candidate is going to represent that party.
I agree. Especially when you can change your party affiliation online daily if you so inclined.

Old Today, 06:12 PM

85,125 posts, read 99,277,101 times
Having lived in a state with open primaries, I like it. Only 9 states have totally closed primaries; 7 more have partially closed.
http://www.ncsl.org/research/electio...ary-types.aspx

Old Today, 07:02 PM

1,419 posts, read 2,267,506 times
Although I agree in general that a political party has the right to limit voters in their primary to members, that works best when you have a free market in political parties (which we most certainly don’t have in the USA). In our system, the Democratic and Republican parties hold a privileged position, and so I’m fine with forcing them to open their process to all voters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or