U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 12-18-2018, 04:33 PM
 
5,073 posts, read 6,806,205 times
Reputation: 4630

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
Very stringent laws here, especially when compared to my home state of Missouri, where it's still perfectly legal to have an open container as a passenger for the most part. Open up these laws!
No thank you. I don't want more people driving around with open containers that "are the passenger's, honest". That's not something we need. If someone needs to drink so bad they can't wait until they're at a destination or home, they have a problem and we don't need to be enabling them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-20-2018, 08:10 AM
 
Location: Prescott Valley, AZ
2,419 posts, read 2,000,156 times
Reputation: 2251
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
Very stringent laws here, especially when compared to my home state of Missouri, where it's still perfectly legal to have an open container as a passenger for the most part. Open up these laws!
That just encourages more on the road drunkenness, not a good idea.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-20-2018, 09:10 AM
Status: "SQAL for short." (set 19 days ago)
 
65 posts, read 13,841 times
Reputation: 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hschlick84 View Post
Welcome to the 21st century Colorado, now if 7-Eleven and convenience stores can carry, full strength beer, hard liquor and wine, it would be complete. Liquor stores will still survive, I still shop at them in AZ because grocery stores don't have the best selection of microbreweries.
At least we had pot before anyone else.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-20-2018, 09:11 AM
Status: "SQAL for short." (set 19 days ago)
 
65 posts, read 13,841 times
Reputation: 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
Very stringent laws here, especially when compared to my home state of Missouri, where it's still perfectly legal to have an open container as a passenger for the most part. Open up these laws!
I could be wrong, but I heard that it was also legal in Louisiana. Pretty strange for the conservative bible belt.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-20-2018, 09:13 AM
Status: "SQAL for short." (set 19 days ago)
 
65 posts, read 13,841 times
Reputation: 104
The gas station by my office literally overhauled their cooler section in preparation for this. They now have an official beer walk-in cooler.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-20-2018, 10:23 AM
 
20,454 posts, read 38,135,048 times
Reputation: 18298
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Quotes A Lot View Post
The gas station by my office literally overhauled their cooler section in preparation for this. They now have an official beer walk-in cooler.
I used to shop at King Soopers in COLO SPGS, i.e., Union Blvd and Briargate Pkwy. They had a whole aisle at one side of the store that were all reefer cases which were full of soda pops and other cold things. I knew the moment I saw it that they were planning for the eventually of full-strength beer and I'd bet the day this new law goes into effect that those cold cases will be filled with full-strength beer as well as the small area now holding 3.2 beer. Look for the 3.2 stuff to be on deep discounts around New Year's Eve to get that stuff out of the stores.
__________________
- Please follow our TOS.
- Any Questions about City-Data? See the FAQ list.
- Want some detailed instructions on using the site? See The Guide for plain english explanation.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-20-2018, 02:10 PM
 
403 posts, read 194,058 times
Reputation: 624
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
I used to shop at King Soopers in COLO SPGS, i.e., Union Blvd and Briargate Pkwy. They had a whole aisle at one side of the store that were all reefer cases which were full of soda pops and other cold things. I knew the moment I saw it that they were planning for the eventually of full-strength beer and I'd bet the day this new law goes into effect that those cold cases will be filled with full-strength beer as well as the small area now holding 3.2 beer. Look for the 3.2 stuff to be on deep discounts around New Year's Eve to get that stuff out of the stores.
The out-of-staters will pick that stuff right up!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-20-2018, 07:01 PM
 
Location: Wherabouts Unknown!
7,761 posts, read 16,562,568 times
Reputation: 9293
Quote:
Originally Posted by LHS79 View Post
The out-of-staters will pick that stuff right up!
Let em have it~
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-20-2018, 07:10 PM
 
66 posts, read 17,195 times
Reputation: 221
The sales at King Sooper's have already started. 18 packs are on sale for $12.99.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 08:50 AM
 
Location: Colorado Springs
3,904 posts, read 1,551,400 times
Reputation: 2987
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverAng View Post
The sales at King Sooper's have already started. 18 packs are on sale for $12.99.
Still to much for water.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top