U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old Today, 01:57 PM

43 posts, read 24,239 times

Advertisements

Anyone else out there have never-ending issues trying to deal with the Einsteins at Connect for Health Colorado? Since it's inception, I've experienced the following:

- Poor, and extremely slow, communication between "the Exchange" (C4HCO) and insurance/health care providers.

- Customer service representatives who never seem to have a concrete answer to your questions (I always get "well, it might be this," or "it might be that." Here's an idea: if you don't know the answer - DON'T OFFER GUESSES!).

- A website that is STILL (after all these years) only semi-functional. On the page where it says something about being able to enter or update your address - you can't actually enter or update your address. You have to do almost everything over the phone. SO 1980's! Perhaps they could hire real web developers.

- And the latest interesting/infuriating development, for me personally: After repeatedly contacting them last summer, to report an income change (per their own rules), they finally responded by dumping me OFF my long-time Kaiser plan, and ON to Colorado's version of Medicare (HealthFirst Colorado, or something like that). WTF???? I reported an income INCREASE, and now I am poor enough to qualify for Medicare?

This whole experience, from beginning until now, has been a yearly nightmare. Trying to guess what level of insurance coverage I qualify for, or can afford. And now, knowing that I probably don't really legally qualify for Medicare, but that's what the geniuses at C4HCO have decided.

What a joke, and waste of taxpayer money. And I voted for President Obama, just to be clear. Now, I am seriously hoping that ACA will be dis-mantled, so that we might start over with something that actually works.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 05:49 PM

4,850 posts, read 7,699,358 times
Exclamation Medicare Vs Medicaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Klister View Post
Anyone else out there have never-ending issues trying to deal with the Einsteins at Connect for Health Colorado? Since it's inception, I've experienced the following:

- Poor, and extremely slow, communication between "the Exchange" (C4HCO) and insurance/health care providers.

- Customer service representatives who never seem to have a concrete answer to your questions (I always get "well, it might be this," or "it might be that." Here's an idea: if you don't know the answer - DON'T OFFER GUESSES!).

- A website that is STILL (after all these years) only semi-functional. On the page where it says something about being able to enter or update your address - you can't actually enter or update your address. You have to do almost everything over the phone. SO 1980's! Perhaps they could hire real web developers.

- And the latest interesting/infuriating development, for me personally: After repeatedly contacting them last summer, to report an income change (per their own rules), they finally responded by dumping me OFF my long-time Kaiser plan, and ON to Colorado's version of Medicare (HealthFirst Colorado, or something like that). WTF???? I reported an income INCREASE, and now I am poor enough to qualify for Medicare?

This whole experience, from beginning until now, has been a yearly nightmare. Trying to guess what level of insurance coverage I qualify for, or can afford. And now, knowing that I probably don't really legally qualify for Medicare, but that's what the geniuses at C4HCO have decided.

What a joke, and waste of taxpayer money. And I voted for President Obama, just to be clear. Now, I am seriously hoping that ACA will be dis-mantled, so that we might start over with something that actually works.
Not clear why you were switched, but be aware that HealthFirst Colorado is a Medicaid program NOT Medicare. Two different programs altogether.

https://www.healthfirstcolorado.com/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or