U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old Today, 03:59 AM

4,474 posts, read 4,513,704 times

Advertisements

Colorado has a plethora of new Craft Brews and breweries. I'd like to try them all.

However, I'd prefer to be able to buy them one bottle at a time so I'm not stuck with 5 beers that I don't like.

Is there any Liquor store that sells by the bottle? If not, It's an easy and obvious opportunity.

That could be an opportunity for a neighborhood liquor store to differentiate itself from the soon to be mass marketing competition from grocery and big box real beer retailers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 06:59 AM

414 posts, read 197,490 times
This is where the mom and pop stores will still have an advantage over the grocery/convenience stores Jan. 1- with (hopefully) lower prices now too.

Most small stores have one cooler with single bottles available- usually there will be various beers and some small wine bottles etc..

Old Today, 09:24 AM

3,021 posts, read 6,728,616 times
A number of our liquor stores in the Vail area do this, I think the Trader Joes on Colorado in Denver allows you to choose your six pack too.

Old Today, 12:48 PM

3,954 posts, read 1,563,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vision67 View Post
Colorado has a plethora of new Craft Brews and breweries. I'd like to try them all.

However, I'd prefer to be able to buy them one bottle at a time so I'm not stuck with 5 beers that I don't like.

Is there any Liquor store that sells by the bottle? If not, It's an easy and obvious opportunity.

That could be an opportunity for a neighborhood liquor store to differentiate itself from the soon to be mass marketing competition from grocery and big box real beer retailers.
Downtown Fine Spirits & Wines sells craft beer by the bottle as does Weber Liquor Store check those places out they have a great craft beer selection.

Old Today, 01:56 PM

20,479 posts, read 38,170,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LHS79 View Post
This is where the mom and pop stores will still have an advantage over the grocery/convenience stores Jan. 1- with (hopefully) lower prices now too.

Most small stores have one cooler with single bottles available- usually there will be various beers and some small wine bottles etc..
That situation may change. I doubt if the craft brewers even bothered to make 3.2 beer for supermarkets, thus full strength craft beers were the purview of mom/pop stores. Now that 3.2 is a thing of the past I expect supermarkets to carry many more craft beers. My Safeway here in Peoria, AZ has 3 full aisles of alcohol and a whole cooler section set up for mix and match single bottles of craft beers. Nearby is a stack of empty six pack carriers to for buyers to make up their own six packs of beer or wines.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old Today, 02:04 PM

567 posts, read 247,942 times
It's not that retailers aren't offering them as much, its that brewers aren't. The cost to put beer in a can is a fraction of putting it in a bottle. They are becoming like unicorns. Some only can their products.

Old Today, 03:32 PM

2,806 posts, read 1,790,999 times
Nearly ever liquor store in Cos that Iv'e been into has a section where they sell single bottles, or cans, predominately of craft beers, but also the big 20 ounce macro brew cans and the 40 oz malt liquor bottles. Look and/or ask. Some of the better stores have entire sections like this.

Or go to Tap Traders, who only dispenses local, regional, and state beers, and try a single pint. Although I'd imagine there pubs that may be other purveyors of such.

Last edited by TCHP; Today at 03:46 PM..

Old Today, 09:05 PM

2,439 posts, read 2,012,704 times
BevMo in Phoenix does the pick your own six-pack individual bottles. I've done it before with import German and Asian beers, not sure about the grocery stores such as Safeway. Fry's aka (King Soopers) has the pick your own six-pack of beers if I remember correctly.

Old Today, 09:40 PM

20,479 posts, read 38,170,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hschlick84 View Post
BevMo in Phoenix does the pick your own six-pack individual bottles. I've done it before with import German and Asian beers, not sure about the grocery stores such as Safeway. Fry's aka (King Soopers) has the pick your own six-pack of beers if I remember correctly.
Here in far northwest Peoria both Fry and Safeway do the pick your own six pack.

I'm sure many of the stores in COLO will be doing the same.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado