U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-04-2019, 01:01 PM
 
Location: On the sunny side of a mountain
3,048 posts, read 6,765,419 times
Reputation: 5977

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDog77 View Post
They didnít sell. They just have pass sharing agreements. You can use an Epic Pass at A Basin too but they are still owned by Dundee, not Vail.

I thought it was part of the purchase last summer along with Okemo and Sunapee.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-04-2019, 01:22 PM
 
Location: Washington Park, Denver
6,845 posts, read 6,140,996 times
Reputation: 7247
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogmama50 View Post
I thought it was part of the purchase last summer along with Okemo and Sunapee.
Youíre right! There I go confusing CB with Telluride.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-04-2019, 01:38 PM
 
Location: On the sunny side of a mountain
3,048 posts, read 6,765,419 times
Reputation: 5977
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDog77 View Post
Youíre right! There I go confusing CB with Telluride.
Both great towns!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-05-2019, 12:05 AM
 
1,389 posts, read 2,486,358 times
Reputation: 1959
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDog77 View Post
I just went to Arapahoe Basinís website and I can get a lift ticket and a bacon Bloody Mary for $89 tomorrow. It is one of the steepest ski areas in North America. Free parking steps from the slope.

A day pass at Loveland is $79. Free parking steps from the slope.
Abasin charges for parking in the main lot now on weekends unless you car pool.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-05-2019, 07:55 AM
 
Location: Washington Park, Denver
6,845 posts, read 6,140,996 times
Reputation: 7247
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brill View Post
Abasin charges for parking in the main lot now on weekends unless you car pool.
The far lot is still close and who doesnít carpool on weekends?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-06-2019, 12:30 PM
 
Location: Denver
3,053 posts, read 2,482,752 times
Reputation: 1926
Winter Park released a new sale deal this year where you buy your ticket in advance for the day you will go, and the price is auctioned up as more people select a certain day, with week days being much cheaper than weekends. I hope all ski areas move to this. If you want to ski on Dec 28, you pay $250, if you go Wednesday third week of April, you pay $50. It will ease the parking, lift lines, I 70 traffic... I think the ski areas would make more money too, because you'd get the 2-3 times a year locals to take off work and go on weekdays. Otherwise, they just don't go.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-06-2019, 09:17 PM
 
Location: Washington Park, Denver
6,845 posts, read 6,140,996 times
Reputation: 7247
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil P View Post
Winter Park released a new sale deal this year where you buy your ticket in advance for the day you will go, and the price is auctioned up as more people select a certain day, with week days being much cheaper than weekends. I hope all ski areas move to this. If you want to ski on Dec 28, you pay $250, if you go Wednesday third week of April, you pay $50. It will ease the parking, lift lines, I 70 traffic... I think the ski areas would make more money too, because you'd get the 2-3 times a year locals to take off work and go on weekdays. Otherwise, they just don't go.
It is interesting, but only relevant to those locals who donít buy season passes. I have to think that the majority of I-70 traffic is passholders anymore. If you ski more than a weekend or two, youíre probably buying a pass of some sort.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-08-2019, 07:24 PM
 
Location: Denver
3,053 posts, read 2,482,752 times
Reputation: 1926
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDog77 View Post
It is interesting, but only relevant to those locals who donít buy season passes. I have to think that the majority of I-70 traffic is passholders anymore. If you ski more than a weekend or two, youíre probably buying a pass of some sort.
True, that's the way it is now. But I could see how resorts would want to move away from the season pass model as you can't congestion price. Really congested experiences for high paying lower use pass holders could sour them on getting the same pass next year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-08-2019, 09:57 PM
 
Location: Washington Park, Denver
6,845 posts, read 6,140,996 times
Reputation: 7247
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil P View Post
True, that's the way it is now. But I could see how resorts would want to move away from the season pass model as you can't congestion price. Really congested experiences for high paying lower use pass holders could sour them on getting the same pass next year.
The reason they won’t move away from it is that they have guaranteed revenue regardless of snow conditions. They pay for the season upfront before a single snowflake falls. They also lock guests in to their resorts. No worry of them visiting the competition.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-10-2019, 07:14 PM
 
Location: Denver
3,053 posts, read 2,482,752 times
Reputation: 1926
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDog77 View Post
The reason they wonít move away from it is that they have guaranteed revenue regardless of snow conditions. They pay for the season upfront before a single snowflake falls. They also lock guests in to their resorts. No worry of them visiting the competition.
But they also lock visitors in with a pay ahead plan like Winter Park did. We bought our ticket before the season started so we couldn't factor weather into the equation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top