Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2019, 07:46 AM

738 posts, read 821,905 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDog77 View Post
That’s ridiculous. Vail owns the mountains in Tahoe and Park City too.

That's ridiculous. Vail only owns 4 resorts in Tahoe and 6 in Utah
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2019, 08:46 AM

3,603 posts, read 9,014,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRlaura View Post
Here's a link to the Epic Pass site which shows you where you can ski with it, including 3 in the Mid-west where you live.

https://www.epicpass.com

Old 01-04-2019, 09:24 AM

11,477 posts, read 11,444,157 times
Quote:
And only 4 in Colorado, but thanks for pointing out that they own fewer mountains in Colorado than in these other states. It makes the whole “that’s why I don’t go to Colorado” argument kind of silly doesn’t it?

Last edited by SkyDog77; 01-04-2019 at 10:19 AM..

Old 01-04-2019, 09:40 AM

738 posts, read 821,905 times
Quote:
And only 3 in Colorado, but thanks for pointing out that they own fewer mountains in Colorado than in these other states. It makes the whole “that’s why I don’t go to Colorado” argument kind of silly doesn’t it?

Not really. I can walk up to the window at Kirkwood and pay 92 bucks for a ticket. Or get a 3 day pass at Sierra for $76 per day. There at least 10 ski areas there and many are cheaper than that.

And don't some of the Colorado resorts charge for parking?

Old 01-04-2019, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Not really. I can walk up to the window at Kirkwood and pay 92 bucks for a ticket. Or get a 3 day pass at Sierra for $76 per day. There at least 10 ski areas there and many are cheaper than that.

I just went to Arapahoe Basin’s website and I can get a lift ticket and a bacon Bloody Mary for $89 tomorrow. It is one of the steepest ski areas in North America. Free parking steps from the slope.

A day pass at Loveland is $79. Free parking steps from the slope.

Season passes to both mountains are in the $300 range and they are both about an hour from Denver.

There are plenty of deals to ski at Eldora, Winter Park, Copper Mountain, Monarch, and others if you do even the slightest planning ahead. Suckers pay window rates.

Old 01-04-2019, 10:20 AM

Quote:

You are really ill informed.

Kirkwood is part of Vail Resorts, walk up window price this Saturday is $124, again if you ski there regularly then Epic Pass would save you money. Yes some places in Colorado charge for parking, there is also plenty of free parking available if you are smart enough to ask where it is.

It really does seem that you just want to keep posting wrong info, maybe you don't like Vail, lots of people don't so that's fine but at least get your facts correct.

Old 01-04-2019, 10:30 AM

670 posts, read 1,165,814 times
Dogmama I can't rep you again yet but want to say thank you. Your replies are on point!
And Skydog "Suckers pay window rates" except I say fools

Old 01-04-2019, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogmama50 View Post
You are really ill informed.

Kirkwood is part of Vail Resorts, walk up window price this Saturday is $124, again if you ski there regularly then Epic Pass would save you money. Yes some places in Colorado charge for parking, there is also plenty of free parking available if you are smart enough to ask where it is.

It really does seem that you just want to keep posting wrong info, maybe you don't like Vail, lots of people don't so that's fine but at least get your facts correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hipchik View Post
Dogmama I can't rep you again yet but want to say thank you. Your replies are on point!
And Skydog "Suckers pay window rates" except I say fools
I think this is TRlaura not wanting facts to get in the way of her narrative.

Full disclosure, I said Vail owns 3 in Colorado. I edited my post to say 4. I alway lump Vail and Beaver Creek together for some reason even though they are clearly separate mountains. Vail Resorts owns Vail, BC, Keystone, and Breckenridge. The vast majority of ski mountains in Colorado are not owned by Vail Resorts.

Old 01-04-2019, 11:12 AM

Quote:
I think this is TRlaura not wanting facts to get in the way of her narrative.

Full disclosure, I said Vail owns 3 in Colorado. I edited my post to say 4. I alway lump Vail and Beaver Creek together for some reason even though they are clearly separate mountains. Vail Resorts owns Vail, BC, Keystone, and Breckenridge. The vast majority of ski mountains in Colorado are not owned by Vail Resorts.

Add in Crested Butte to the monopoly. There aren't a lot of independent ones left, Aspen and Vail are snapping them up and the owners are selling because they can't compete with mega resort groups.

Old 01-04-2019, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogmama50 View Post
Add in Crested Butte to the monopoly. There aren't a lot of independent ones left, Aspen and Vail are snapping them up and the owners are selling because they can't compete with mega resort groups.
They didn’t sell. They just have pass sharing agreements. You can use an Epic Pass at A Basin too but they are still owned by Dundee, not Vail.

Last edited by SkyDog77; 01-04-2019 at 12:08 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado