U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 02:12 PM

6,316 posts, read 9,795,634 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Count David View Post
You learn something new every day!
Try not to hold it against me. I got out of there shortly after high school graduation and have never looked back. It's somewhat depressing seeing how little it's changed in the last 25+ years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 04:14 PM

10 posts, read 1,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norrov View Post
What about West Texas?

Lubbock and Amarillo are pretty dry, and you can buy a really nice house for 150-200k. Decent sized cites with lots of job opportunities. I enjoyed my time in Amarillo, the canyon for riding dirt bikes, shooting and partying is amazing.

I Love Denver, but itís not cheap here. CO Springs isnít cheap either. The rest of cities it would be tough finding work.
After your suggestion I'm also considering Lubbock and Amarillo, I totally discarded them, but is worth taking a look.

Thank you!

Old Yesterday, 04:26 PM

220 posts, read 105,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itjrodrigu View Post
After your suggestion I'm also considering Lubbock and Amarillo, I totally discarded them, but is worth taking a look.

Thank you!
I suggest you probably leave them in the discarded pile. If you go to college in Lubbock, at Texas Tech University, well that's okay (I did). But Lubbock doesn't have a lot to offer, and it is in the middle of nowhere.

Amarillo is kind of a "cow town" -- kind of the last gateway before the dry and dusty farming lands of west Texas.

There are dry places that have more to offer.

Old Yesterday, 04:36 PM

13,035 posts, read 23,750,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluescreen73 View Post
Try not to hold it against me. I got out of there shortly after high school graduation and have never looked back. It's somewhat depressing seeing how little it's changed in the last 25+ years.
It felt about 1993 last time I was out there.

Didn't feel like a particularly welcoming place.

Old Yesterday, 11:37 PM

716 posts, read 476,203 times
Whatever you do, don’t go to New Mexico. The schools and health care are terrible down there. We escaped to Colorado 3 years ago!

Old Yesterday, 11:52 PM

10 posts, read 1,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by townshend View Post
I suggest you probably leave them in the discarded pile. If you go to college in Lubbock, at Texas Tech University, well that's okay (I did). But Lubbock doesn't have a lot to offer, and it is in the middle of nowhere.

Amarillo is kind of a "cow town" -- kind of the last gateway before the dry and dusty farming lands of west Texas.

There are dry places that have more to offer.
What other dry places have more to offer?

Old Today, 09:29 AM

4,575 posts, read 4,617,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itjrodrigu View Post
What other dry places have more to offer?
Try Tucson, Az or places near there, e.g. Oro Valley

https://www.orovalleyaz.gov/

I lived in Tucson while in Engineering school in the early 70s. I really liked it.

Old Today, 03:37 PM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
21,471 posts, read 38,508,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vision67 View Post
Try Tucson, Az or places near there, e.g. Oro Valley

https://www.orovalleyaz.gov/

I lived in Tucson while in Engineering school in the early 70s. I really liked it.
I have (4) ex-CoS friends who retreated to Tucson (all are in Oro Valley). (3 are ex-Engineers)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or