Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-20-2016, 08:26 PM

4 posts, read 6,001 times

Advertisements

Howdy Everyone,
Just bought some land about a year ago in Blanca and have been to it a couple times already. I wanted to see who I'd need to talk to, to get the property lines officially mapped out. What would that typically run me cost wise? I want to start some long term project out there, but would like to know I'm officially within my boundaries.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2016, 07:22 AM

3,961 posts, read 4,389,750 times
The County Clerk should be able to provide the legal description would should include the particulars about property lines. With that information, a surveyor can map them out on your parcel. Legal description info would be free. Survey costs could be a big variable depending on a number of factors of the terrain of your property. I'd guess costs to be $500-1200 plus any travel expenses or hotels required for the visit.

Old 02-22-2019, 10:20 AM

1 posts, read 431 times
I own 5 acres south and west of ft Garland. My broker, in reply to my similar query advised me to ( at this early date) to use the 4 GPS coordinates to get exact corner boundary and place my own marker. Any pro survey and its expense it superfluous and until the event of neighbors and fence expense sharing etc, one does not need worry about expensive surveying. The g pop s accuracy in modern day tech. accuracy makes the use of third party survey moot. The s.e s.w n.e and n.w coordinates are exact solid indicators and logged in all official docs at the county clerk's. So, just Google map your GPS #s and mark your corners with good, solid methods. Register vfc all necessary docs at clerks and there is not need unless you want grade exactitude for ,say driveway, foundation etc. Personal stuff for your use. The expensive, no longer pertinent surveyor is already obsolete via the global positioning satellite ( gps) coords. This is fact from research and experts, not speculation. Save your money, relax, and think all your actions through before spending your hard earned $s and eliminate 99% of post regrets. Best wishes neighbor Jeff

Old 02-22-2019, 04:17 PM

2,289 posts, read 2,945,890 times
On a 5 acre lot GPS will tell you approximately (within a foot or 2) where the property corners are. As long as you don't plan to build/fence/grade near the property line you should be fine, but the accuracy is nowhere near the same as a survey. I only bring this up so nobody makes a very expensive mistake.

Old 02-22-2019, 05:09 PM

152 posts, read 143,057 times
A proper survey will be documented and the corners actually recorded at the county for the future.
Also, I would think it would be somewhat helpful when making building plans etc. You can't just draw a square point somewhere to mark your house's foundations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
View detailed profiles of: