U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 05-03-2008, 10:03 AM

180 posts, read 628,286 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by COflower View Post
Swampy101 Good gracious, you've hit the jackpot in places to live on the Front Range. Of course most people associate your area with the Renn Fair - eating turkey legs and drinking beer...but not really see what is around that area. Oh man, that is way cool.
Thanks! I think we did hit the jackpot here. It's just been awesome almost year round. I can't stop talking about 2006-2007 snow season, that was a little rough with the back to back serious storms, but we made it through.

A few more pics.

Here's a shot of me plowing my driveway about 14 months ago. We didn't call it a driveway at this point, we called it our "Luge". 2 inches of ice and an average of 4 feet of snow on the sides.

While this shot was taken in the evening, so we're a little shaded, this is what I like to call typical weather in the afternoon. Sunny with puffy clouds here and there.

And a pic of my daughter last July with a trout she caught.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2008, 05:04 PM

1,313 posts, read 4,906,298 times
SOOO, this thread kind of pooped out. I guess I need to get out the camera again and take some photos!

Anyone else up for it?

Let's see it's Wed, can we something by Monday?

Old 05-15-2008, 09:15 AM

Sure, if it will quit snowing. hahahahhahahhahahaha

It is greening up really well here and my pet fox (I wish), ok, my "animal cam" caught this fox coming out of my wife's garden with a gopher. He's earning his keep.

And the hummingbirds are starting to plow in here this week finally. We have 7 or 8 steady ones now. This one taking a rest in the cold from the other day.

Old 05-17-2008, 07:21 PM

1 posts, read 5,492 times
So many beautiful Images!

Ok here is my contribution...Taken with a Kodak 5-mp cam...sorry all I have at the moment :P

These were taken at a park at 26th and Kipling in Lakewood

I hope these came out ok

Old 05-19-2008, 11:42 AM

We've got some good photogs here.

Oh my.

Swampy, you should be a pro and be making a buttload off your abilities.

Old 05-19-2008, 04:06 PM

Driving to get a gas cap..fun, eh?

Old 05-19-2008, 07:46 PM

Just a little something from Saturday.

And this one, a close up of the center about 10 minutes before.

Old 05-20-2008, 11:16 AM

1,618 posts, read 4,345,895 times
Sweet pics Swampy101~~

Old 06-04-2008, 04:01 PM

I missed seeing Swampy and such and haven't been on the boards for a while as I seriously wrenched my neck trying to get this:

This is the cropped version:

I know, not very good but the Thunderbirds have never traveled right over my property like that in the almost ten years I have lived here.

That shot was the first neck pain and the second (I think I have it on line...) sent me to the kitchen sink to expel the contents of my breakfast. Most unpleasant.

I've been mostly down for a week because of it and it subsided yesterday but a bit of chopping, dicing and such for my breakfast this morning gave me reason to believe that my photography session was more serious than I thought it might be.

Anyhow. I was to meet up with Swampy and Charles and given the morning gloom I passed it up. I later found those suckers flying over my house! My camera settings were off and that makes me mad given what I went through to try to get that "one" shot.

Holy cow, those guys fly FAST! Do not attempt to do what I did or you will be out of commision for more than a week!

Regardless, it was exhilarating to have them fly over my house like that. They usually fly east of me but this time...WOW, over my freakin' house! Incredible.

Old 06-04-2008, 04:06 PM

One last photo:

This was taken June 1 while I was in the midst of a serious headache from my neck/head injury during the fly over from the Thunderbirds...yeah, it's been hitting me all week.

Anyhow, I call it (yeah, shoot me I have a point and shoot) Pretty in Pink (and blue). Two or more minutes earlier it would have been even more spectacular.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado