U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-28-2019, 10:16 PM

3 posts, read 721 times

Advertisements

Well, I got the job, and my wife and I are moving back to Grand Junction at the end of April.

As soon as we get there, we plan to start looking at houses to buy. But that will probably take at least two months. In the mean time, we need a place to stay. It would be easy enough if it was just the two of us. But we have four dogs. And I'm having very little luck finding a place that will allow that many pets.

Our dogs are extremely well housebroken and are well out of the puppy years. They only chew their toys. They sleep in their crates in our bedroom and we crate them when we leave them at home alone. When they go outside, one or both of us goes out with them. And if they bark too much, we bring them back inside the house. My wife works from home, so they're almost never unattended.

We have a very strong rental history and can provide references.

We're happy to pay pet deposits, but we really don't want to get stuck in a long term lease again. Month-to-month would be ideal. Or even three months.

So far, I've tried several of the property management companies in town, craigslist, and FurnishedFinder.com. Can anyone recommend any other resources?

I only have a few weeks left to nail something down!

Thanks!
-Brian*
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2019, 08:00 AM

10,914 posts, read 12,185,679 times
Might try the local classifieds https://www.gjsentinel.com/

And I found 85 homes to rent https://www.zillow.com/grand-junction-co/rent-houses/

Old 03-29-2019, 08:34 AM

675 posts, read 324,275 times
Check with a realtor. The better ones are always aware of short term rentals.

Old 03-29-2019, 12:55 PM

4,779 posts, read 9,459,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim9251 View Post
Might try the local classifieds https://www.gjsentinel.com/

And I found 85 homes to rent https://www.zillow.com/grand-junction-co/rent-houses/
Using the pet filter that number becomes 33. And just doing a brief look I found one that advertised a month to month lease. Looks like you do have options, OP.

Old 03-29-2019, 07:04 PM

3,145 posts, read 6,907,632 times
You could try VRBO too and ask about long term discounts.

Old 04-03-2019, 08:09 PM

3 posts, read 721 times
Thanks, everyone. I can't say that I've pursued every listing I can find, but I've called a lot of realtors and property management companies and several individuals. I have yet to find a realtor who seemed at all interested in helping. In fact, even the ones that have both sales and rental divisions were pretty dismissive. I guess it really is a sellers' market. But I can't give up! In less than four weeks, we'll be there, ready or not!

-B

Old 04-04-2019, 06:44 AM

675 posts, read 324,275 times
Have you tried hotpads.com?

https://hotpads.com

Old 04-04-2019, 10:04 AM

96 posts, read 75,519 times
Good luck. I couldn't find anything to rent that would allow dogs so drove out there last month and bought a place and moving out there tomorrow.

Old Today, 06:55 PM

7,531 posts, read 15,810,294 times
I don't know what their pet limit is or what your budget is, but I found the Candlewood Suites for $80/night plus $150 flat rate pet fee if you book there for a full month. We stayed there and it was well-kept even if the wifi was poor at the time,
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or