Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-11-2008, 06:48 PM

22 posts, read 82,395 times

Advertisements

I am currently looking for a place to call home. I am 29 years old and single. I have 12 years Customer Service Experience and 4 of those years in Management and a degree in Computer Information Systems. I currently live in Atlanta, GA and I am from Canada originally. I also want some place low on crime. I want to start looking now since I have 5 months on my apartment lease and I would like to find a job and hope to move there then. What cities are best for jobs? Anything helpful I would glad to hear feedback. I also like the mountains so any place with a great view will be great. Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2008, 07:04 PM

8,317 posts, read 29,471,711 times
Well, I'll get the usual flaming for a post, but if I held Canadian citizenship and was looking for someplace near or in the mountains, I'd be looking in British Columbia or Alberta in a heartbeat. The Canadian Rockies are every bit as spectacular as most anyplace in Colorado--and far less developed and crowded. The cold weather in a place like Calgary or Edmonton would be a consideration, I'm sure, but I think it may be a worthwhile tradeoff. A co-worker of mine spent several years working in Canada, but had to return to the US to take care of ailing family members and had to give up his Canadian job and work visa. He's trying to figure out how to move back to Canada--he loved it there. One thing he commented frequently about was how much safer most Canada locales seemed to him from a crime standpoint.

My co-worker friend lived several places in Canada. He said that Calgary was very comparable in Denver in the total "vibe," but that he much preferred Calgary.

I happen to think that over the next few years, the overall Canadian economy may actually fare better than the US economy. Both countries have their problems, but I think the economic/social situation is deteriorating much quicker in the US. Pretty soon Canada may have the same kind of problems with disaffected Yanks illegally immigrating to Canada that the US currently has with illegal immigration from Mexico.

I also think it interesting that Canada now beats the US in most "quality of life" survey rankings.

Old 04-11-2008, 07:35 PM

5,113 posts, read 19,763,289 times
Denver has a robust tech base, as does Los Angeles, Orange County, and San Diego in southern california
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado