U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2006, 06:16 PM

54 posts, read 278,489 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian11 View Post
I'd say Loveland. It is close to Fort Collins (and lots of stuff to do), but no college. In Loveland, you can get a home cheaper than $250k... much cheaper and still very nice.

Hunting in CO is great, but stay away from Boulder... the hardcore liberals will call you a monster or the Devil for hunting... lots of vegetarians and they attack people whom they disagree with. The only allowed sport in Boulder is tree-hugging.

Hey Colorado Springs is nice too, though a bit crowded for me. It is a very conservative/moderate town, hunters are trated with the respect they deserve. Lots of friendly folk, very close to the mountains, not bad housing costs.

Merry Christmas and good luck!!
Chris

Ps. Please note that these are based on visitaion of the CO and extensive research. The locals can give you more info, though I have been to CO many times and am moving in March '07. I have spent a considerablt amount of time researching and talking to locals. CO is a smart choice, it's great!!
Thanks Chris!!! All this is GREAT to know!!! Thanks for the very helful information! I was reading your other posts too and some of the others and was starting to think Loveland too. I will definitely have to research that some more. I'm so excited, you guys have helped so much and I finally feel like I'm getting closer to moving there!!! This forum is great and I really appreciate all the help! Merry Christmas!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2006, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenWolfe View Post
I could be mistaken I haven't been to Loveland for over a year, but I don't recall it being "Not so flat, more mountains and trees." If someone who is more familiar with this area could clarify.
So is Loveland is flat for the most part?

Old 12-20-2006, 07:16 PM

1,318 posts, read 5,386,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian11 View Post
I'd say Loveland. It is close to Fort Collins (and lots of stuff to do), but no college. In Loveland, you can get a home cheaper than $250k... much cheaper and still very nice.

Hunting in CO is great, but stay away from Boulder... the hardcore liberals will call you a monster or the Devil for hunting... lots of vegetarians and they attack people whom they disagree with. The only allowed sport in Boulder is tree-hugging.
Boulder sounds like the best city I've ever heard of!!!
I think I'll go there one day join the citizens in getting hunting banned & treated as the murderous barabaric activity that it truly is!!!!!!!!

***PS MODS - IF YOU DELETE MY POST FOR BEING "OFF TOPIC", THEN YOU WILL HAVE TO DELETE HIS!!! HE MENTIONED HUNTING AND ATTACKED GOOD PEACEFUL FOLK!!! BUT BOTH OF US ARE SPEAKING ABOUT BOULDER.***

Old 12-20-2006, 08:38 PM

171 posts, read 960,215 times
I'll hug another tree if it keeps the narrow minds out of Boulder!!!!

Old 12-20-2006, 09:50 PM

226 posts, read 1,265,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmers View Post
So is Loveland is flat for the most part?
Yes, Loveland is flat. If you want a mountain feel you will want to stay in the foothills. With the exception of Franktown and some areas of Parker and Elizabeth once you get out of the foot hills Colorado is very flat and no trees.

Old 12-20-2006, 09:52 PM

157 posts, read 588,441 times
Hey Simmers,

don't know if you are still interested, but I wanted to let you know that I finally responded to your questions about the Durango/Mancos/Cortez areas posted on the "Commute from Bayfield to Durango" thread. Thanks and best wishes dgoboy

Old 12-21-2006, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgoboy204 View Post
Hey Simmers,

don't know if you are still interested, but I wanted to let you know that I finally responded to your questions about the Durango/Mancos/Cortez areas posted on the "Commute from Bayfield to Durango" thread. Thanks and best wishes dgoboy
Yes, I am still interested, I will check out that thread right now! Thanks a bunch!

Old 12-21-2006, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elfyum View Post
Boulder sounds like the best city I've ever heard of!!!
I think I'll go there one day join the citizens in getting hunting banned & treated as the murderous barabaric activity that it truly is!!!!!!!!

***PS MODS - IF YOU DELETE MY POST FOR BEING "OFF TOPIC", THEN YOU WILL HAVE TO DELETE HIS!!! HE MENTIONED HUNTING AND ATTACKED GOOD PEACEFUL FOLK!!! BUT BOTH OF US ARE SPEAKING ABOUT BOULDER.***
I'm sorry, I didn't mean to create conflict or put Chris on the spot. He was just responding to the question I had about hunting. I thought it was good information, we would not want to move somewhere and step on anyones toes. We love animals and nature and respect them. If we do hunt, we do not do it as a sport, we do not have animal heads in our home. We eat what we hunt. We respect all people and their beliefs as well. Merry Christmas!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or