U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2006, 10:48 PM

210 posts, read 1,257,362 times

Advertisements

Here are some pictures from the Littleton area:

The view from our front door.... snow's about 3 feet deep right there. The mailbox is just barely peaking out, in the background and you can just see the neighbor's Suburban, which had snow up to the top of the back bumper:

A 6-foot fence, with a snowdrift running up the height of it (on the left):

And, anybody want to relax on the patio? Drifts about 5 feet deep against the house (and believe it or not, there is a table buried under there somewhere):

Last edited by TinajaCo; 12-21-2006 at 10:49 PM.. Reason: Wrong image inserted
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2006, 11:53 PM

30,211 posts, read 16,745,355 times
Wow!!!

I'm sorry you folks in Colorado are going through this blizzard, but I hope everyone is doing OK. Yes, the recent California transplants are going to have to learn very fast how to drive in the snow over there.

I think I'll stay a bit longer here in crowded, expensive--but sunny and snow-free--Southern California.

Old 12-22-2006, 04:11 AM

198 posts, read 870,650 times
Thanks for sharing some great photos everyone! The wind wipped snow drifts in Miike's pics were quite impressive. Were expecting warm temps, coulds and rain for Christmas here. Oh how I would love to be there

Old 12-22-2006, 04:23 AM

13,382 posts, read 40,856,289 times
Blizzards are fun if you are home and have food, heat and power.
Not so fun if you're stranded at work, the airport or dealing with highway closures out in the middle of nowhere.
The good thing is that this storm was predicted well in advance.
Looks like there will be a good opportunity for cleanup today. Light snow predicted for tomorrow but not too big a deal.
A White Christmas indeed.

Old 12-22-2006, 09:48 AM

Location: Lots of sun and palm trees with occasional hurricane :)
8,292 posts, read 14,813,690 times
These pictures are great everybody. All that new white snow. It is just beautiful NOW. The homes look beautiful all covered in white. These are like the all American postcards memories!!

Old 12-22-2006, 10:15 AM

56 posts, read 203,900 times
wow, great shots. Albuquerque got the biggest snow storm in 6 years this last week. Accidents everywhere! The difference between Co & NM: people in Co know how to handle snow; the dont freak out over 4 in...they do here. Well, maybe not northern NM, but from ABQ-south they do.

Old 12-22-2006, 02:23 PM

18 posts, read 62,771 times
A blizzard with this much snow...I cant explain to the SoCal what they are missing. This is the most impressive thing I have ever seen. It is incredible. amazingly soft and beautiful, and it really brings out the neighbors, gives people something to share and talk about. I started shoveling out of inspiration rather than work...And ...when the sun came out afterwards...Oh it is truly a heart warming experience. I love Colorado. I am so glad I made here it before the storm..And had a safe, warm place to go to...

Old 12-22-2006, 03:03 PM

7,335 posts, read 16,592,209 times
From, cil: Blizzards are fun if you are home and have food, heat and power.
Not so fun if you're stranded at work, the airport or dealing with highway closures out in the middle of nowhere.
Blizzards/snowstorms aren't fun for us at all anymore. We both (wife and I) wound up with to many "aches/pains" from using the snowblower and shoveling snow yesterday. It can be an "exciting" time to look outside and see the snow/wind going like mad and a beautiful scene seeing the sun shining on new snow.......BUT for us (at 57/58 yrs. old) the amount of snow that we can get in the Parker area during the winter is just simple TO MUCH for our bodies to handle anymore. Sometime next year, we will say "goodbye" to Colorado and hello to North Carolina.
Colorado is one very beautiful State, but...............

Old 12-22-2006, 06:37 PM

2,639 posts, read 2,447,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cil View Post
Wishing your nephew and his family all my best,amjb.
My son flew into Denver this morning from Madison and got in okay.
::sending good vibes to all travelers::
Thanks for your nice wishes, cil.

They made it but not without harrowing sights along the way ~ jack-knifed semis, overturned cars, 10 mph speed here and there, and a drive from Wichita Falls, Texas to the NM -CO border that took 14 hours. They tried to find a open road and then ended up having to stay in Pueblo for 1 1/2days before the interstate was cleared.

Stilll no baby boy born, but he is due tomorrow although mom hasn't even dilated yet.

Old 12-23-2006, 03:48 AM

13,382 posts, read 40,856,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amjb View Post
Thanks for your nice wishes, cil.

They made it but not without harrowing sights along the way ~ jack-knifed semis, overturned cars, 10 mph speed here and there, and a drive from Wichita Falls, Texas to the NM -CO border that took 14 hours. They tried to find a open road and then ended up having to stay in Pueblo for 1 1/2days before the interstate was cleared.

Stilll no baby boy born, but he is due tomorrow although mom hasn't even dilated yet.
We once were similarly stuck in Trinidad--in April!
Thank goodness they got in safe. That baby can't stay in there forever.
Loveboating, I understand your weariness with the weather.
It's great when it is a novelty, and it doesn't happen all the time.
But it is definitely part of living in Colorado.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or