U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 07-24-2008, 04:08 PM

8,069 posts, read 12,913,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanttomoveeast View Post
I've just been completely rubbed wrong in the Denver forum, and just wanted to let you guys know I think I'll be bowing out for awhile. I'm happy to accept DMs though.
I'm sorry. I thought those were some fun and educational threads myself.

One question before ya go? What's your name gonna be when you move back east? If it becomes wanttomovewest, we'll all know.
Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2008, 04:29 PM

3,531 posts, read 6,115,916 times
Well, after awhile I began to feel like I was talking to a wall. And like I said, I have race issues which isn't really other people's fault, but I begin to feel irritated when I read posts similar to Scraper's. The whole --- what's wrong with a white town, if we wanted to move to an all white town the blacks would be mad --- that's a slippery slope with me and in my past experience is usually crap spouted by racists. NOT that I'm calling Scraper a racist.

I also tire of saying things like well, I'd just like to live elsewhere for awhile... and having people retort as if I've personally offended them, as if they are the official owners and defenders of Denver. And even worse, if I even mention I'm thinking of Miami, well, geez, then you get a barage of crap. Instead of oh, I see, you'd just like to try it elsewhere.

Mostly, I really hate it when people post all these statistics and claim to be the know it all of everything. oh well.

I enjoyed the thread at first, then became irritated. Glad you enjoyed it though. I hope you gained something from the whole thing. Good thing CD is a big forum, I posted over on the music section (vinyl thread) because of a problem I'm having with my turntable console.

Really, I'd change my name now but then I'd have to start over and lose my friends and all that jazz. It's really just wanttomove. I have no problem with the west, in fact it is an area of consideration for me. I'm really into coast. So how about wanttomovetothecoast??

Old 07-24-2008, 09:53 PM

Can't blame you there. Those beaches have that nice clear warm water.

I think due to the rules here, you're stuck with your username for the long haul. I saw your post in the music thead. Now those are my peeps over there. They'll be good to you.

Hope you enjoy where you go and, heck, just start enjoyin' right now up to that too.

If anybody gets under your skin and stuff, all I can say is that one way or another...we all get some kind of grief. When it comes from another person, I've learned to draw my boundaries and let them know what they are. I'm learning to make the attempt of treating people the way I like to be treated and if they don't like it, they're just not my people. From there, I'll be as polite to them in my dealings with them, don't take no kwrap from them and don't give none, and go on my way. If those are out there to be jerks, then let them talk their way into their own corner. Be bigger than them and forgive them. That's how you keep them from renting space in your head. When they do that stuff, in the final analysis- it's not about you, it's about them. Does that make any sense?

Oh, off topic; Rod Smith retired today! One of my favorite players ever.

Old 07-25-2008, 09:25 AM

yeah, I'm stuck with my name, but I'm ok with it. I just have to clarify where in the east I want to move, and most people don't consider Florida the east. I think that might be a western thing. And I was considering other areas too, like Virginia, but I really don't think those places are for me just yet.

I am enjoying my time here now. For the past few weekends, my husband and I have been going to different towns, enjoying different festivals and such. Really, I think we could use a vacation, and not to Orlando, but maybe Costa Rica. That's a very nice spot.

I've gotten grief on here before. What I do is just ignore the person once they show that they aren't into having a civilized, adult conversation or debate. Once I see disrespectfulness, I back off. Since that topic was on race, it did bother me. I do agree that the problem is them not me. I'm not here to offend people our spout racist b.s., but to get to know others and see their point of view.

And this is really going to make you laugh -- one of my reasons to move elsewhere --- who the heck is Rod Smith? I'm so not into sports, at all!! lol!! Maybe I should make a list of why I want to move, then compare that to other cities and see if they fit.

Thanks for your post -- I'm better today. It's Friday!! : )

p.s. - I'm so bummed about my record player. On one hand, it's a rarity. I can't find one like it anywhere on the net. On the other hand, it's quite beaten up and I really don't know how to fix it. If I get rid of it, someone will fix it and sell it for a grand, and then I'm out of a neat antique. I do have my grandfather's very nicely kept Airline and that ones older and probably worth more. I just don't know what to do with my hunk of a junk Airline. : (

Last edited by DenverLawGal; 07-25-2008 at 09:56 AM..

Old 07-25-2008, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanttomoveeast View Post
I do agree that the problem is them not me. You spiritual Giant you! Good deal.

who the heck is Rod Smith? Rod Smith was the first thing I noticed last night as an OFF TOPIC topic for this here Colorado thread. It had nothing to do with you. I was just "following the rules" of being off topic.

Thanks for your post -- I'm better today. It's Friday!! : ) Yes, Friday it is!

p.s. -I just got back from lunch and haven't checked my music thread yet or your response to me on that yet. I'd offer to buy it, but I don't got that kind of money to spend on non-yard projects now and I don't even know what it is! Good luck with that thing. (
Back to my off topic; can the Rockies win 7 out of 10 on this next road stint?

Old 07-25-2008, 02:19 PM

3,460 posts, read 2,439,455 times
Which little league teams are they up against?

Old 07-25-2008, 03:03 PM

sterling: hahaha, where've you been? I haven't followed the Rockies at all, but didn't they lose pretty bad last time around?

I still don't know who Rod Smith is. Better check back on this thread. haha

Dog: A Wards Airline was Montgomery Wards' state of the art record player console. They are awesome. These huge chunky cedar wood consoles usually had the turntable either built into the console, or like mine, you can slide the turntable out. Pretty neat. They had storage in them too. I'm beginning to think mine is one of a kind. The bummer about it is that the belt seems to work ok, I can hear the needle playing out the tune, but no sound from the speakers! Wish I was a speaker fix-it girl.

Old 07-26-2008, 10:46 AM

Colorado beat the Nati' 7-2! That's 12 wins in-a-row to go!

BANDWAGON STARTS HERE!!!!!!!! WHO'S RIDIN'?

Wantto: Rod Smith is the best reciever to don an NFL uniform. Why in the world would they name a model of a boat anchor Airline?

Have the guys at Intrinsic pick it up and I'll buy it on consignment; if the price is right. What's your bottom dollar (fair to you and me) and what will those dudes charge to come pick it up and fix it for me? If they charge too much to pick it up, then your hubby will have to have some friends over to help get it down to Englewood. From there, they pay you, and I pay them. For the misses sake, I'd like to remain anonymous and suggest those on here to do the same.

PS: does it have tubes? If it does, that's a plus for you and me; money-wise. Realize I will consider the pros' at Intrinsic's opinion on its worth.

Last edited by McGowdog; 07-26-2008 at 11:02 AM.. Reason: Edit: you may just need a new needle to get the sound right.

Old 07-26-2008, 11:15 PM

Boat model? Are you nuts?? hahaha.

I can't possibly sell this thing to you just like that. I am right now thinking it's a piece of junk. Let's see what intrinsic says first. And... I may just keep it. I'll have to get friends to move it, it's quite hefty.

It's one of those things I grew up with. I really don't want to let it go. It's one of those cost things, if it's too pricey to make nice, I'll let it go. If it's reasonable to fix up, by god I'll keep it.

p.s. - It's not a needle that's the problem. There's absolutely no sound output from the speakers. I bet that's no biggie to fix, but the rest I think is iffy. I'll call the record guys as soon as I've had a chance, I've been just swamed at work and at home! I'll def. keep you in mind though, thanks so much...

Old 07-27-2008, 06:36 PM

Well you said it weighed a ton! Sounds like a boat anchor to me.

I still have no idea what it is. I imagine a console that has a radio tuner perhaps, the record player (33.3 speed with a 45 adapter?), and the speakers on left and right side built into the cabinet with some kind of priceless wood used for the outer cabinet. Am I right?

So it's maybe a piece of junk, you're looking to move to the furthest southern area of the country thousands of miles away and you don't want to sell it? Too bad, so sad.

I'm honestly looking for a turntable and the older the better, I think. The guys at intrinsic have found a Pioneer PL-550 and an AR-XB (??) turntable for me. I have a birthday very soon and I may pick something up locally. You can check out my posts in the Spinning Vinyl thread in Entertainment/music. If I do get something soon, I'll be out of the running for that yaught anchor.

Anywho, HOW BOUT' THEM ROCKIES?!!!!!!!!!! 11 TO ZIP TODAY!!!! 5-1 SATURDAY!!!!!!!!!!!! 5 OUT OF THE NEXT 7 GAMES AND THEY CAN TAKE THREE ROAD SERIES IN A ROW!!!!!!!!!!!! HOTTEST TEAM SINCE THE ALLSTAR BREAK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HERE WE GO!!!!!!!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado