Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2009, 07:05 AM

1,599 posts, read 3,104,828 times

Advertisements

I hope not.

I'm concerned about the spending, especially from the new administration, but also from Bush. It's just staggering, and if health care and cap and trade passes, I'm not sure we'll even be able to pay the interest.

No matter the party, I'll be voting for:

Small government.
Pro Constitution.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2009, 07:47 AM

16,433 posts, read 22,102,049 times
It's impossible to see the future, but if the economy is in a depression at that time, as is likely, it will go back to the Reps or a new Independent party. The 2010 midterms will show the trend. And as for me: Vote against every incumbent, every time, forever. That's the only way to reclaim control of our government from the lobbyists.

Old 08-02-2009, 07:55 AM

1,599 posts, read 3,104,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
It's impossible to see the future, but if the economy is in a depression at that time, as is likely, it will go back to the Reps or a new Independent party. The 2010 midterms will show the trend. And as for me: Vote against every incumbent, every time, forever. That's the only way to reclaim control of our government from the lobbyists.
+1

I support 2 year term limits, with no re-elections. The less someone "embeds" themselves within the system, the better for all of us.

We don't need career politicians, we need real representation which abides to the US Constitution.

Old 08-02-2009, 09:55 AM

5,747 posts, read 12,008,849 times
Hard to tell. Coloradans are very independent thinkers.

Old 09-09-2009, 06:31 PM

1 posts, read 1,680 times
where is vestas towers located in Pueblo CO ?

Old 09-11-2009, 04:52 PM

12,259 posts, read 24,350,175 times
South of town in the new industrial park....

Old 10-20-2009, 06:46 AM

13 posts, read 51,590 times
Default Is this an article from a local paper?

Denver - a city full of brianiacs?

Sorry I couldn't resist .

Old 10-23-2009, 12:29 PM

1,371 posts, read 3,684,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by all user names are taken View Post
Denver - a city full of brianiacs?

Sorry I couldn't resist .
LoL.

Old 10-23-2009, 08:54 PM

90,316 posts, read 120,147,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brubaker View Post
Considering it went to Bush twice.

And that (most of us will admit that) we don't know where the country will be in 2012....still:

What are your thoughts on Colorado becoming solidly Democratic as opposed to being a 'battleground state'?
I think we'll be "battleground" in the near future. We tend to vote very independently.

Old 10-23-2009, 09:13 PM

8,862 posts, read 17,395,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
I think we'll be "battleground" in the near future. We tend to vote very independently.
glad to find this thread.

After the headline news from Colorado this week, last week--I have begun to wonder what is going on there. I have been posting at CD in the Atlanta forum for several years, FYI--what does that matter? Atlanta forum--native of GA--and I feel comfortable with those who are relocating to my area--few Colorodans choose to leave--at least they don't willingly relocate to ATL. I thought highly of Colorado. Longed for a Rocky Mt High--in fact. Love John Denver--

So --Balloon Boy Hoax--has disturbed me greatly. After Columbine I thought --what a tragedy--on the level of '911' and that surely things could be handled better there than in the 'The South'--well aware of our problems. Bible Belt, diversity and racism.

I have tried many times to ask how could Balloon Boy's school not know that there were problems with this family and why didn't anyone 'Do Something'.

Must be too serious for anyone to respond?

Well--after the "La Familia Drug Busts'--in which ATL was featured I can appreciate that. Some things can't be discussed--no one knows what to do--and etc.

I guess we will all 'Find Out' next week what will happen to Balloon Boy family. It will be 'bad' and I expect a precedent setting case--Supreme Court level--to be opened.

TV is not a worthwhile source of information in such matters.

I would appreciate any response from those of you who live in the state--

What are you dealing with? The overflow of problems from 'everywhere'--particularly CA?

In some ways I'd say Colorado and GA share many similarities--despite 'popular opinion'--politics aside. Decent people --with a progressive attitude?

I hope that is how it is.

for what it is worth--here's my salt shaker--I live in the Bible Belt and listen to Jimmy Buffet--go figure--I guess. Don't care much for politics but I care about this nation.

Thanks for listening.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado